View Single Post
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 18th, 2011, 01:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mastratton View Post
Problem with Holy Vindicator. Level 20 Paladin/Level 10 Holy Vindicator. All pre-requisites have been met.

When I click the "Holy Vindicator" tab, there is a box which reads, "Add more magic levels (7 left)!" So, I click that box, then a combo box pops up that says "+1 level" and then I click the combo box to select my Paladin class (the divine spell casting class which gets the casting bonus.) When I select paladin, I get a dialogue box which says, "Level too high to support psionics" and then it sets my character so that it has NO spellcasting ability. If I delete the +1 level I just added, I get the spellcasting ability back, but it shows me still needing to add 7 magic levels. If I try to add more than 1 magic level, the other 6 combo boxes only say "No Selection" - I can't even select paladin. So, while my character should have a caster level of 24, it only shows as 18 (because it's 17 from the 20 levels of paladin, and only adds 1 magic level from being a holy vindicator, instead of adding 7.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mastratton View Post
Just an additional comment to my note about the problem with the holy vindicator. I just had the same problem with adding magic levels to another character (bard/dragon disciple). I get the same errors that I did with the holy vindicator, so maybe the problem isn't in the class itself, but in the "add magic levels" routine.
Hero Lab does not currently support any elements of a class going beyond level 20, and using prestige classes to bring the magic level of a class above 20th level is not a way to get around this limitation. I am sorry that the errors that are reported when this happens are not very clear.
Mathias is offline   #104 Reply With Quote