Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Mutants & Masterminds
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

cosmicherald

Old September 7th, 2008, 06:27 PM
Hello all!

I'm thinking that many of us have already eagerly begun to use Hero Lab to create characters for M&M!

In the topic Freedom City Characters? the following was mentioned:

Quote:
Right now, I'm planning on entering the Freedom City characters from all the 2e material into HL, and while I know that's perfectly within my rights, my question regards the problem of sharing the portfolio file(s) for those books. Is it acceptable to share them, of it Lone Wolf planning to try and make those available in the future? For that matter, since all of that is the intellectual property of Green Ronin that might not have been licensed for HL, would freely sharing said files be construed as violation of the terms of the license?

Quote:
We discussed this idea with Green Ronin just a couple weeks ago. The idea of putting together a separate "character pack" of all the different characters from all the different M&M books was something GR really liked. So we do plan on releasing such a package in the upcoming months. That being said, you are free to enter whatever you want in the way of characters, and you are free to share those characters/portfolios with others. The IP consists of the game material and the licensed data files. Character portfolios require that you have access to the data files, so sharing them should present no problems to anyone.
With the above in mind...how about we start the ball rolling here?
cosmicherald is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
DingoJones

Old October 3rd, 2008, 09:39 PM
Well, I just got it and just regustered on this site. When you say get the ball rolling I'm assuming you mean throw out some portfolio's that we've made. Still new and I've mostly been just playing around (other than actually creating my character). Here goes...

...Er....um...how do you add files? I tried doing a few different ways following the onscreen intructions "add attachment" and then "submit" and such but it never came up in my post. What's going on?
DingoJones is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Cgeist7

Old October 4th, 2008, 04:53 AM
Hey, guys.

We started up a Google Group site for sharing portfolios and characters for Hero Lab.

We are just getting started, but have some assorted characters and the complete supporting character archetypes portfolios available for download.

Check it out: http://groups.google.com/group/mm2-h...ter-repository

Cheers!

CG7
Cgeist7 is offline   #3 Reply With Quote