Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Tzivya

Old June 30th, 2016, 06:26 AM
So my family and I have taken up playing Pathfinder this week. We are experienced role players, but not for a decade or so and not this rule set. We are muddling through as best we can, and hero lab is a huge help (we live in an RV so electronic character sheets is great! We have all five licenses for us, 4 tablets for players and the pc for other stuff, though we don't know much how to use it. None of us are experienced GMs so my 15 year old son has tackled the role, and we feel pretty overwhelmed a lot!)

Anyway, one of us is playing a summoner, and we have also found a wand of summon monster I. We picked up the expanded summoned creature book for hero lab for more options as well. But what we can't figure out is how to do it. How do we, in the lab, summon using the spell? We tried for a half hour and eventually found at least some of the list in the pc client, but not how to add it or see specific stats.

Likewise, with some small flexing of animal taming rules and some fun Rp (we are pretty easygoing on things, story over dice rolls sometimes happens or covers rules we can't work out fully) we have decided to keep Kazkaz the shocker lizard from the free rpg day module, master of the fallen fortress. How would we add him as a pet on a character! I kind of know how to add a pack horse or a character, but can't see how to make it do something like a shocker lizard with stats.

Any help you can give is eagerly appreciated. We have a few learning disabilities and .no. Experience running this system, so it has been very challenging, but we are eager and trying our hardest to do things right. I know this is probably a pretty obvious question, but please be gentle on us. We aren't lazy, just a little stupid.
Tzivya is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old June 30th, 2016, 10:26 AM
For the summon monster issue, go to "Gamemaster -> Show Encounter Library", then choose the Summon Monster Creatures encounter library. That will bring up a list whose first layer is the spell, so collapse each spell heirarcy or scroll down until you get to Summon Monster, then under that find summon monster I, then click the creature you want to summon. If you summon more than one, use the incrementer to the right of the selected creature, then hit the Import button to bring that number into the currently active portfolio. Once you are finished with the combat they are involved in, just delete them.

To add your shocker lizard buddy, go to the "Other" tab and add a hireling. That will create a new hero in the portfolio, which you can switch to and select the shocker lizard race for. Note that you will have to own the source that contains the shocker lizard race (Bestiary 1).

Hope that helps!
Aaron is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Tzivya

Old July 1st, 2016, 11:00 PM
It does, a lot, thank you.
Tzivya is offline   #3 Reply With Quote