Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Merion

Old April 11th, 2016, 05:45 AM
Hello everyone,

is there a way to use an image (or map) in several topics without importing it several times?

Current example: I'm working on an encounter taking place in a shop. Now it would be nice to have the map, the pictures of several items and the NPCs in the shop right in the encounter, so that I don't have to jump between a dozen tabs during the game session.
Of course, I could just import the pictures and maps multiple times, but that seems like a waste of disc and server space. So hopefully there's a more elegant solution.
Merion is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
wurzel

Old April 11th, 2016, 06:49 AM
That could certainly be very useful. So far I created a simple "image topic" where I store pictures. I don't use the embedded image snippets but reference the images. That's neither elegant nor simple but it works.

DM: Tol'Uluk - game system independent homebrew world (so far AD&D 2, D&D3.5, Fate, Pathfinder, D&D5)
Tools: RW, CC3+, CD3, DD3, HL
RL: Retired senior IT manager. Now just housewife, grandma and fantasy author.
wurzel is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
AEIOU

Old April 11th, 2016, 07:42 AM
At this time, no. Can't be done. And I've decided it's such a low priority that I can't wait for RW to implement it.

I would think saving space it going to become relevant for most people when subscriptions go live. Build accordingly....

In some cases, I add a text line to each relevant section which then provides a link back to the topic with the info I want duplicated. Usually something like "See ANTON'S CREAMERY for map and inhabitants". Which is then repeated in each section that is relevant. Ugly but it works.

The other option, especially when I anticipate combat, is to duplicate the information. Convenience wins sometimes. It's a judgement call.
AEIOU is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Merion

Old April 11th, 2016, 12:43 PM
Too bad, I wished before that I could re-use snippets, but I thought there might be at least a possibility for maps and images.

Wasn't that suggested sometime somewhere? Nevermind, but it should be considered for the future. Not only for storage issues but also for convenience.
Merion is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Pollution

Old April 12th, 2016, 06:35 AM
Deleted

Last edited by Pollution; February 17th, 2017 at 10:03 AM.
Pollution is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
adzling

Old April 12th, 2016, 06:56 AM
anyone know if the cloud service will have a size limit on realms?
adzling is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Teresa

Old April 12th, 2016, 09:31 AM
Another option is to build the scenes around smart images. That way you'll have an image with pins that works as an index of the needed topics that you open on the side.
Teresa is offline   #7 Reply With Quote