Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Shadowrun
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Polecat

Old June 19th, 2015, 09:14 AM
Hello,
I want to add 4th Edition Cyberskates. I know their mechanic can be done because in Surge there is an ability called Celerity that basically does it. However, I have been unable to find how to implement this.

Can someone explain it to me?
Polecat is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old June 23rd, 2015, 07:18 AM
Have you taken a look at Celerity's script yet? What can you figure out from that? Where are you stuck on converting that script to be the script for the cyberskates?
Mathias is online now   #2 Reply With Quote
Polecat

Old July 6th, 2015, 11:31 PM
I am not sure where to find Celerity's script, if I could bring it up I'd probably be set but as it is I am still a bit of a novice at this. If I could actually learn I'd be happy to volunteer my time adding a bunch of the stuff that hasn't been done yet, but I'm just having a hard time warping my head around this. I am more of a visual leaner. Once I can see HOW things work, I can pretty much see WHY they work and can replicate it with some ease. But as it is, I am just kind of floundering.
Polecat is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old July 7th, 2015, 07:12 AM
In the editor, in the General grouping, find the Quality tab. At the bottom left, click "New (Copy)", and choose Celerity as the thing to copy (ignore the message about not being able to save a copy - you just need to look at it).

Then, on the top right, press the "Eval Scripts" button.

So that's how to set movement rates to a specific value.

The next piece of the puzzle you'll need is an augmentation that's not on all the time - something else that, like cyberskates, is activated by the user - how about the Adrenaline pump. That's in the Equipment grouping, Augmentation tab. Note that there, the second instruction in that script is:

Code:
      ~apply the changes once we're activated by the user
      ~the Berserker metagenetic quality, if activated, automatically activates
      ~us
      doneif (field[abilActive].value + hero.tagis[Activated.quBerserke] = 0)
So, as you'll see in the comments, there's special handling for the Berserker metagenetic quality, and you don't want that quality to activate the character's cyberskates, so you'll pare it down to just the part about being activated:

Code:
      ~apply the changes once we're activated by the user
      doneif (field[abilActive].value = 0)
IMPORTANT: Don't forget to delete the copies you've made of both Celerity and the Adrenaline pump before testing your new item, otherwise you'll get error messages.
Mathias is online now   #4 Reply With Quote
Polecat

Old July 8th, 2015, 02:28 AM
This is excellent, this is EXACTLY what I needed as a starting point. Thank you so much. I'll get right on this.

Alright, I can get the things to have an activation button and a deactivation button, but they're adding the bonuses regardless.

Last edited by Polecat; July 8th, 2015 at 02:57 AM.
Polecat is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old July 8th, 2015, 07:27 AM
What script did you write out?

Also, what phase & priority did you set for it (it's at the top of the script window)?
Mathias is online now   #6 Reply With Quote
Polecat

Old July 9th, 2015, 03:38 AM
I'll be sharing this soon, just been crazy busy the last two days.
Polecat is offline   #7 Reply With Quote