Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Stormcrow

Old April 13th, 2015, 10:37 PM
Trying to add the celestial companion for the holy liberator. anyone got any ideas how to add a new companion type?
Stormcrow is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Kendall-DM
Spy

Old April 14th, 2015, 09:33 AM
Can the Celestial Companion be any race, or is it limited?

EDIT: Nevermind, just looked it up online, it is a cat, eagle, hawk, warhorse, owl, pony, riding dog, or wolf. I'm not sure if it works like another standard ability (animal companion, holy mount, or familiar) or as some limited union of them. It looks like it will be a bit of work in any case.

Last edited by Kendall-DM; April 14th, 2015 at 09:44 AM.
Kendall-DM is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Stormcrow

Old April 14th, 2015, 10:12 AM
Thing is that it works effectively the same as the fiendish servant of the black guard except that it gains a couple of speed bonuses. So I was trying to figure out if there was a way I could essentially commandeer the fiendish servant to duplicate and modify it to become the Celestial companion.
Stormcrow is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Kendall-DM
Spy

Old April 14th, 2015, 10:14 AM
I'll take a look at this later when I get home from work. If it works like the Blackguard it might be pretty simple to implement. But I'll have to check to be sure. Stay tuned.
Kendall-DM is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Stormcrow

Old April 14th, 2015, 10:18 AM
Will do as it's now time for me to head off to make the money.
Stormcrow is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Kendall-DM
Spy

Old April 15th, 2015, 03:49 PM
I'm not sure how you would do it. Unfortunately, you can't make those animals Fiendish Servants to use them for the Allow Class Abilities... because you don't want to add them to the list of Blackguard animals and you don't want the list of Blackguard animals to appear on the Holy Liberator. It looks like you will have to set them up in the editor as either 1) Minions or 2) create your own custom ability to assign them to the Hero. Then you would want to follow similar logic written for the Blackguard to get everything working.

Unfortunately, I don't have a lot of time to devote to this. It looks like it is going to be pretty hard to implement. Or you can just choose to do it all manually. Anyhow, good luck, I think you are trying something that is going to be very difficult to pull off. I don't think it is impossible though.
Kendall-DM is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Stormcrow

Old April 15th, 2015, 10:49 PM
Thanks Kendall for the vote of confidence. Looks as though I have my work cut out for me...
Stormcrow is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old April 16th, 2015, 05:09 AM
After reading the description, I don't think it is worth the trouble. The Celestial Companion is nothing more than an animal with the celestial template. It does not gain any special abilities based on the level of the Holy Liberator. While it would certainly be nice to have the ability to add a new companion type, in this case it's likely easier to just have the player create a new character in the portfolio, choose the appropriate animal race and apply the template. Nothing more needs to be done. That's my advice anyway.

Incidentally, whether you find a way to do this or not, if you want to provide the Holy Liberator for inclusion in the next community release, I certainly would appreciate it.
Sendric is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Kendall-DM
Spy

Old April 16th, 2015, 09:36 AM
Actually, it does get abilities based on the level of the Holy Liberator, almost the same as a fiendish servant of the Blackguard. Are you sure you were looking at the right prestige class?
Kendall-DM is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old April 16th, 2015, 10:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendall-DM View Post
Actually, it does get abilities based on the level of the Holy Liberator, almost the same as a fiendish servant of the Blackguard. Are you sure you were looking at the right prestige class?
Yes, but it seems I neglected to look 1 inch lower and read the sidebar about how they progress. Looks like I need more ranks in Spot.
Sendric is offline   #10 Reply With Quote