Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

morval

Old November 25th, 2014, 09:24 PM
When I have a character with two weapon fighting feat and lets say two shortswords. I equip one in the 1st hand and other in the 2nd. Then I enable Haste Spell adjustment, Herolab gives both an extra attack at the highest. Is there a way to make it not add an extra attack to the weapon in the 2nd hand since I don't think thats how its supposed to work.
morval is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 25th, 2014, 10:15 PM
Technically, you could add that extra attack to either the off-hand or main-hand weapon. You don't have to add it to the main weapon. HL doesn't know which you're going to do, so it shows you both options.
Mathias is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
morval

Old November 25th, 2014, 11:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
Technically, you could add that extra attack to either the off-hand or main-hand weapon. You don't have to add it to the main weapon. HL doesn't know which you're going to do, so it shows you both options.
True, but would be better if there was a drop down box to choose which weapon it applied to so an inexperienced player or even someone not paying attention doesn't think they have more attacks then they should.
morval is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Krothos

Old April 17th, 2015, 01:32 PM
It appears HL is still applying the Haste bonus attack to both weapons, even when the weapons are checked as primary and secondary under the weapons tab. Snice we can now designate which weapon is the off-hand weapon, can we get an update/correction to this with the next HL Patherfinder patch? Thanks.

(sorry for the resurrection of the necro thread but it fit my situation exactly)
Krothos is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 17th, 2015, 01:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krothos View Post
It appears HL is still applying the Haste bonus attack to both weapons, even when the weapons are checked as primary and secondary under the weapons tab. Snice we can now designate which weapon is the off-hand weapon, can we get an update/correction to this with the next HL Patherfinder patch? Thanks.

(sorry for the resurrection of the necro thread but it fit my situation exactly)
What prevents someone from taking that extra attack with the off hand weapon instead of the main hand weapon?

Maybe your off-hand weapon is a better material to bypass the DR of the target, so in the current situation, the off-hand weapon will do more damage, and you'd rather take the extra attacks with that weapon, even though in most circumstances, you'll take the extra attacks on the main hand.
Mathias is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 17th, 2015, 01:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krothos View Post

Also, what change are you talking about? I'm not aware of any change to how weapons are equipped since the earlier posts in this thread.
Mathias is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Krothos

Old April 17th, 2015, 01:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
Also, what change are you talking about? I'm not aware of any change to how weapons are equipped since the earlier posts in this thread.
Under the weapons tab, there are checkboxes you can select which weapon is primary and which weapon if off-hand. As I manipulate these checkboxes, it automatically adjusts my weapon stats for hit and damage appropriately. In the example where the off-hand weapon is better in a particular combat, then I can switch the checkboxes.

I'm only assuming based on the OP's original post that these checkboxes were a recent addition.
Krothos is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 17th, 2015, 02:23 PM
No, those checkboxes are the way it's always been. They're only determining which weapon is in your main hand and which is in your off-hand. You're still allowed to take the extra haste attack on any weapon you're currently using, no matter which hand it's in.

Main Hand/Off-Hand doesn't always work as a way to designate your favorite attack - consider a sword and light shield bash wielder - the sword is a one-handed weapon and the light shield bash is a light weapon, so they'll be heavily penalized if they switch which of those weapons is main/off, because their off-hand attack is no longer light.
Mathias is offline   #8 Reply With Quote