Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Savage Worlds
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

EricaOdd

Old August 18th, 2014, 09:08 AM
The Device modifier says that "a device that grants bonuses to several attributes via super attribute, gets a discount only on the total since that is one "type" -- not each attribute raised. The same applies to super skills, super Edges, etc."

Is there a way to do this in HeroLab? Right now, each instance of Super Attribute, etc., counts separately when you apply the Device modifier.

For example, if I have Super Attribute 8 in one device, I have to apply the Device modifier to 8 different powers. This has no effect to the point cost since Super Attribute costs 1 point and that's the minimum cost no matter what modifiers you add. By the rules, the point cost should only be 6, since an 8-point power would have a 2-point discount for being a Device.
EricaOdd is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old August 18th, 2014, 09:39 AM
THat's probably going to be one of those really odd cases where you'll just need to plop down a Permanent Adjustment on the sheet to cover the difference. Programmatically I can't see that doing that in Hero Lab would be even remotely easy, if it's even possible at all. The base design is that Device is a modifier to a Power, the way this would work would be that the Device itself would have to be maybe it's own Power and then actual Powers would be the modifier to the Device, if that makes any sense. So it might be possible but I suspect trying to do that would be a LOT of work. I sure wouldn't want to try to make it happen, personally.

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Data files authored (please let me know if you see any issues with any of these if you have/use them):
Official (In the downloader)
50 Fathoms, Deadlands: Hell On Earth, Deadlands: Noir, East Texas University, Necessary Evil (requires Super Powers Companion), Pirates of the Spanish Main, Space 1889 (original file by Erich), Tour of Darkness, Weird War II, Weird Wars: Rome
Coming Eventually
Evernight (LWD has completed their review but I have some fixes to make first... although Pinnacle mentioned this might get an overhaul to SWADE so I may just wait for that first. If you just HAVE to have this now, though, just PM me)
zarlor is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
EricaOdd

Old August 18th, 2014, 09:47 AM
That's what I thought. The way Devices are priced in the original SPC is a bit tricky. No worries.

I'm sure the new SPC will be a lot easier to implement, as Device is just a flat modifier in that one.
EricaOdd is offline   #3 Reply With Quote