Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Shadowrun
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

d20Maverick

Old June 2nd, 2014, 12:46 PM
I'm having some trouble inputting a new vehicle into HeroLab. I'm in the editor, and I'm using the Toyota Gopher as my base in order to input the Gaz P-179 pickup truck from the "Manhunt" run of Sprawl Wilds. I've gone into the editor, clicked the "Vehicle" tab, and copied the Toyota Gopher to create my new Gaz P-179. I've made the necessary changes to the stats, saved it, then gone to the "Vehicle Helper" tab, again used the "New (Copy)" button and selected the Toyota Gopher and updated the Bootstrap on the Minion button, then saved everything and used "Test Now" to add it to HeroLab.

Now, I go back into my portfolio and attempt to add the Gaz P-179, which now shows up in the vehicle listing after I assigned it to a source and activated that source. However, I get an error message saying that I need to assign a race to my minion, and when I go to the Gaz minion, there are no attributes at all. Can anyone tell me what I missed while inputting the vehicle?
d20Maverick is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old June 2nd, 2014, 01:50 PM
Check the "Vehicle Statline" option - make sure that's set properly. (The intent is that you don't need to click the Minion button in Shadowrun - everything you need to set should be accessible from the options).

if it's not that, in the develop menu, make sure "Enable Data File Debugging" is turned on, then choose "Quick-reload data files" - Test Now can't handle everything, but a reload can, so that makes sure the problem doesn't lie in Test Now.

Did you add a source to the vehicle tab? If so, make sure you have that source turned on for the test character. It's also best to assign the same source to both the vehicle and vehicle helper.

If you create a new character and choose "Vehicle" as the character type to create, can you create your new vehicle properly?
Mathias is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
d20Maverick

Old June 2nd, 2014, 02:14 PM
Thanks, I'll go through step-by-step from the beginning again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
Check the "Vehicle Statline" option - make sure that's set properly. (The intent is that you don't need to click the Minion button in Shadowrun - everything you need to set should be accessible from the options).
Check. It didn't seem to appear in the list on Vehicle Helper until I had Saved and run "Test Now" on the Vehicle tab, though - is that normal? Either way, it was and is set correctly.

Quote:
if it's not that, in the develop menu, make sure "Enable Data File Debugging" is turned on, then choose "Quick-reload data files" - Test Now can't handle everything, but a reload can, so that makes sure the problem doesn't lie in Test Now.
The first time I ran the "Quick-Reload Data Files", it still didn't work properly (it showed up, but all of the attributes were blank and I got an error message). However, after going back into the editor, re-saving and re-testing each of the entries (I had also put in the M79 grenade launcher), I saved and returned to the portfolio, where I disabled and re-enabled the new source. I then did another "Quick-Reload Data Files", and it seems to be showing up correctly now, showing actual attributes and not giving me an error message.

Quote:
Did you add a source to the vehicle tab? If so, make sure you have that source turned on for the test character. It's also best to assign the same source to both the vehicle and vehicle helper.
I did double-check this, and they were both set correctly.

Quote:
If you create a new character and choose "Vehicle" as the character type to create, can you create your new vehicle properly?
After quick reloading the second time, the Gaz did show up correctly for both the existing character and for a new one. Once I finish inputting anything else from the CMP, I'll be working my way through Splintered State, so I'll have plenty of opportunities to see if this issue crops up again. Thanks for the prompt response, Mathias!
d20Maverick is offline   #3 Reply With Quote