Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Blizzard

Old April 11th, 2014, 03:03 PM
Hi does any one know how to add an animal to the animal companion list? I try to find it but I can't.
Blizzard is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
TobyFox2002

Old April 11th, 2014, 03:49 PM
1. Find the .user file the animal is contained in.
2. Open up the race tab and find the animal.
3. There will be a checkbox that says. "Animal Companion." check it. [It will add the tag Compl.cAnimComp]
4. Save and compile the .user file.

That method will set the animal to the animal companion list, if the animal has a minimum level at which you can obtain them then you'd enter that in the "Companion Level" box.

If you need a feat to get that companion like.. um... Giant Avian Companion you'd use a #hasfeat[uniqueid] <> 0 in the Expr-reqs box.

However, keep this in mind, if you are adding this to the community authored files, any changes you make will be gone the next time the community authored content is updated. For more permanent companions you should probably find the author of that .user file and ask them to also make the changes.
TobyFox2002 is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old April 12th, 2014, 05:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TobyFox2002 View Post
However, keep this in mind, if you are adding this to the community authored files, any changes you make will be gone the next time the community authored content is updated. For more permanent companions you should probably find the author of that .user file and ask them to also make the changes.
Actually, an animal would only be added as an animal companion to the community set if there's a rule about it somewhere. In the case of a house-ruled animal being allowed as a companion, I recommend creating a new .user file and using new (copy) of the animal in question and replacing the original. If you need help on doing this, let me know.
Sendric is offline   #3 Reply With Quote