Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

RibbonParfait

Old October 22nd, 2013, 06:37 PM
Although I would also vote for a android version or cloud version of hero labs I read the threads and understand those aren't coming any time soon.

However what about a windows Rt version? Any plans for something like this?

I assume since the original version is for windows this wouldn't be as hard as porting to a whole new OS but I understand all companies have priorities so I thought I would ask.

Thanks
RibbonParfait is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
liz
Ex-Staff
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 23rd, 2013, 08:28 AM
Right now Windows RT apps are on the "maybe" pile along with Android apps. Our current plan right now is to discuss the feasibility of bringing Hero Lab to another tablet OS after the full Hero Lab app comes out on iPad. If that changes, we will update everyone in our monthly newsletter.
liz is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
ChrisRevocateur

Old October 23rd, 2013, 01:30 PM
From what I understand, I thought Windows RT only ran modern apps and not desktop applications. Modern apps and desktop applications are two totally different beasts, and changing Hero Lab to a modern app would probably take just as much work as porting to iOS, OSX, Android, GNU/Linux distributions, etc.
ChrisRevocateur is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
CSDeeds

Old October 23rd, 2013, 06:20 PM
Not to mention that RT is not exactly a widely used OS. If they're going to branch out an Android app would be the way to go. Lots more people use Android. The only reason I have an iPad is because of Hero Lab. I prefer Android.
CSDeeds is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
chiefweasel

Old October 24th, 2013, 05:53 AM
Ya the RT is sort of dieing as well. More folks want the full OS so they can run all their apps.

Web site - Cheese Weasel Logistics - www.cheeseweasel.net
Twitter - @CheeseWeaselGMZ
For user created content check out www.d20pfsrd.com and www.cheeseweasel.net
For video demos of Hero Lab go to http://www.youtube.com/user/TheChiefweasel?blend=9&ob=5
chiefweasel is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
freeAgent

Old October 28th, 2013, 04:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSDeeds View Post
Not to mention that RT is not exactly a widely used OS. If they're going to branch out an Android app would be the way to go. Lots more people use Android. The only reason I have an iPad is because of Hero Lab. I prefer Android.
It's true that RT is not very common, but people can run Windows RT apps on the full version as well. I'm not sure people would necessarily choose the RT app over the desktop app, but in theory you'd have the ability to run either one on a full Windows 8(.1) install.
freeAgent is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 28th, 2013, 03:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisRevocateur View Post
From what I understand, I thought Windows RT only ran modern apps and not desktop applications. Modern apps and desktop applications are two totally different beasts, and changing Hero Lab to a modern app would probably take just as much work as porting to iOS, OSX, Android, GNU/Linux distributions, etc.
This is pretty much exactly true. Even though everything we have runs fine on Windows, Microsoft don't let you use "old windows" specific code on windows RT, so we'd have to totally rewrite a lot of code.
Colen is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
mikejacobs99

Old November 30th, 2013, 07:20 AM
any chance of seeing an interface like HL for iPad, but running on regular windows, either in the main app, or as a separate program?

it would nice to run at on a laptop or windows-based tablet (surface-pro, any of the new 2-in-1 computers...)
mikejacobs99 is offline   #8 Reply With Quote