Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion > Realm Works Early Access Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Lehmann

Old August 19th, 2013, 02:28 PM
I just downloaded the release and I can't seem to come up with a password that is complicated enough for it. I've given it a 13-character non-word password that has upper and lower case, numbers, and a symbol. What does it want?
Lehmann is offline   #1
Agyess

Old August 19th, 2013, 02:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lehmann View Post
I just downloaded the release and I can't seem to come up with a password that is complicated enough for it. I've given it a 13-character non-word password that has upper and lower case, numbers, and a symbol. What does it want?
well 8 letter/number worked fine for me
Agyess is offline   #2
weogarth

Old August 19th, 2013, 02:33 PM
Maybe the symbol you're using isn't one allowed. Just do upper, lower, number and see what happens?
weogarth is offline   #3
Zaphod Beebledoc

Old August 19th, 2013, 03:26 PM
Mine's 18 characters long and it's got upper/lower/number...
Zaphod Beebledoc is offline   #4
pyremius

Old August 19th, 2013, 03:54 PM
Order is important as well, I believe it cannot start with a symbol, for example.
pyremius is offline   #5
BoomerET

Send a message via ICQ to BoomerET Send a message via Yahoo to BoomerET Send a message via Skype™ to BoomerET

Old August 19th, 2013, 04:04 PM
Install LastPass and let it generate one for you, and then it can remember it as well?

BoomerET

Castles & Crusades Ruleset for Hero Lab
Hero Lab (5E D&D) -> Fantasy Grounds Character Converter
BoomerET is offline   #6
zarlor

Old August 19th, 2013, 04:23 PM
I believe the little X icon when you enter a password it doesn't like, if you hover over it, will explain what their requirements are.

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Data files authored (please let me know if you see any issues with any of these if you have/use them):
Official (In the downloader)
50 Fathoms, Deadlands: Hell On Earth, Deadlands: Noir, East Texas University, Necessary Evil (requires Super Powers Companion), Pirates of the Spanish Main, Space 1889 (original file by Erich), Tour of Darkness, Weird War II, Weird Wars: Rome
Coming Eventually
Evernight (LWD has completed their review but I have some fixes to make first... although Pinnacle mentioned this might get an overhaul to SWADE so I may just wait for that first. If you just HAVE to have this now, though, just PM me)
zarlor is offline   #7
curufea

Old August 19th, 2013, 09:02 PM
I've reported this bug on the kickstarter page-

Basically if you first have an inadequate password, it shows the error icons to let you know.
If you then enter a good password - it doesn't change those icons, so it still shows error.
curufea is offline   #8
BoomerET

Send a message via ICQ to BoomerET Send a message via Yahoo to BoomerET Send a message via Skype™ to BoomerET

Old August 19th, 2013, 09:12 PM
curufea,

Kickstarter isn't the appropriate place for bug reports. Right here in the official forums is the best place.

I realize you're just trying to be helpful, but putting things such as that sheds an unneeded negative light on the greatness that is LWD.

Just a fan.

BoomerET

Castles & Crusades Ruleset for Hero Lab
Hero Lab (5E D&D) -> Fantasy Grounds Character Converter
BoomerET is offline   #9
manticore

Send a message via Yahoo to manticore Send a message via Skype™ to manticore

Old August 20th, 2013, 10:59 AM
I had the same problem, and it turns out that what was posted on the KS update wasn't exactly what the requirements are. You'll need at least 8 characters, consisting of a capital letter, regular sized letter, and at least 1 number. I got that from Rob, if I remember correctly.

M

I am the Frugal Alcoholic, I bid you Southern Comfort.
manticore is offline   #10