Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Savage Worlds
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

zarlor

Old February 12th, 2013, 09:45 AM
I just recently realized I totally screwed up the way I did Vehicles in most of my data files. According to the way their are properly implemented I should have added things like Weapons by going to the Gizmo button, putting in the "LoadOut" entity and then bootstrapping all of my weapons and such there, which works just fine except for one thing... weight. All of the Gizmo gear adds it's weight to the character. I've looked at the main examples from the initial data file and done a few things I've seen there, namely added to Tags a "thing.holder_top" tag, which made no difference, and following the Wiki example I even tried the trick for a "Bag of Holding" by adding a Gear script to the vehicle (taken from here):
Code:
~Our contents count for no weight at all!
field[gearNet].value = field[gearWeight].value
That didn't do it either. I noticed in the examples, though, that none of them were bootstrapping any weapons that actually had a weight value set on them so I figured that was the workaround for those, but I wouldn't mind keeping the weight values if I can. Is there some other way I can modify my vehicles to not add the weight of their equipment to the character?

BTW, this does mean I've got a ton of work to do on some of the already release data files so expect another update on some of those soon.

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Data files authored (please let me know if you see any issues with any of these if you have/use them):
Official (In the downloader)
50 Fathoms, Deadlands: Hell On Earth, Deadlands: Noir, East Texas University, Necessary Evil (requires Super Powers Companion), Pirates of the Spanish Main, Space 1889 (original file by Erich), Tour of Darkness, Weird War II, Weird Wars: Rome
Coming Eventually
Evernight (LWD has completed their review but I have some fixes to make first... although Pinnacle mentioned this might get an overhaul to SWADE so I may just wait for that first. If you just HAVE to have this now, though, just PM me)
zarlor is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
jbearwillis

Old February 12th, 2013, 01:55 PM
Well that sucks a BIG One.
jbearwillis is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old February 12th, 2013, 02:27 PM
Not so bad, actually. Looking back at them I only had to update the HoER file and small bits on PotSM and 50 Fathoms. I didn't do individual vehicular weapons for Tour of Darkness (mainly because they didn't break them out separately from the vehicles like WWII is doing) so I had nothing to update there. However I may want to go back and do those eventually. We'll see. So really not as bad as I thought it would be. Now if I can just figure out why they are counting as weight against the character I could quickly get that part of the problem out of the way. Finishing the pre-req rank stuff from the other thread will also give me the final piece to finally finish Pirates of 50 Fathoms, too.

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Data files authored (please let me know if you see any issues with any of these if you have/use them):
50 Fathoms, Deadlands: Hell On Earth, Deadlands: Noir, East Texas University, Necessary Evil (requires Super Powers Companion), Pirates of the Spanish Main, Space 1889 (original file by Erich), Tour of Darkness, Weird War II, Weird Wars: Rome
Coming Eventually
Evernight (LWD has completed their review but I have some fixes to make first... although Pinnacle mentioned this might get an overhaul to SWADE so I may just wait for that first. If you just HAVE to have this now, though, just PM me)
zarlor is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old February 13th, 2013, 11:14 AM
I think I've found a workaround. Under the Gizmo where you've Bootstrapped the equipment in just set a Field for each weapon which has a weight called gearWeight and put the Value to 0.

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Coming Eventually
zarlor is offline   #4 Reply With Quote