Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Raistlin

Old March 10th, 2012, 02:24 PM
Well, first, hi to all! I'm new to the forums (at least posting).

I woud like to ask you for help with some eval scripts that I'm using. I'm creating a data pack for the Dragonlance Campaign Setting from D&D 3.5 to Pathfinder. For the Draconians (and other stuff), I'm practicaly using the work that Lawful_G already did for the d20 OGL, but some scripts that he did doesn't seem to work on PF.

I need to change the description and content of a racial especial (Kapak's Saliva) deppending on the hero's gender. This is the eval script that LG's created and that I'm using:

~ Set the custom description and summary of our Saliva ability.
if (hero.tagis[Hero.Female] <> 0) then
hero.child[rKapSaliva].field[CustDesc].text = "The supernatural saliva of a female kapak cures wounds. If she licks an injured living creature (a standard action), the saliva heals 2d6 points of damage. A creature can only be healed with female kapak saliva once every four hours. The saliva of a female kapak does not heal when delivered by her bite."
hero.child[rKapSaliva].field[xSumm].text = "Standard, licking wounds heals 2d6 hp, target benefits once per 4 hours."
perform hero.child[rKapSaliva].assign[AbilType.Super]
elseif (hero.tagis[Hero.Male] <> 0) then
hero.child[rKapSaliva].field[CustDesc].text = "The extraordinary saliva of a male kapak carries a paralyzing poison (bite or licked weapon, Fort DC 11 + kapak's Con modifier, initial damage 1d6 Dex, secondary damage 1d6 Dex), which can be delivered either through a bite or by licking any piercing weapon. Envenoming a weapon is a full-round action that provokes an attack of opportunity; the poison remains on the weapon for 3 rounds or until the kapak hits with the weapon, whichever comes first."
hero.child[rKapSaliva].field[xSumm].text = "Full round, lick weapon to envenom it."
perform hero.child[rKapSaliva].assign[AbilType.Extra]
endif

The first problem that a find is that the field "xSumm" is not used by Pathfinder data. I don't know wich would be it's equivalent.

Second, and most important, the eval script simply doesn't work. The kapak's saliva racial ability doesn't change at all when I select a different gender.

I also tried changing this part of the eval script: "(hero.tagis[Hero.Female] <> 0)"

For this one: "(hero.child[background].field[bGender].value = 1)", after I searched in the forum for some gender related eval scripts and found a thread about the Qadira princess requisites.

Could you please help me?
Raistlin is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old March 11th, 2012, 03:41 PM
The equivalent to xSumm is abSumm in pathfinder.

You could erase all or most of the description on the the racial special and then use the #appenddesc macro to add text depending on the gender. I think the problem is with how or when the CustDesc field is used in Pathfinder. The "hero.tagis[Hero.Female] <> 0" should still work to detect the gender

A second option would be to bootstrap one special for female Kapaks with a bootstrap condition looking for the Hero.Female tag. Also bootstrap the Dex Damage poison special with a bootstrap condition looking for the Hero.Male tag, and #appenddesc to that the stuff about licking blades and whatnot.

I'd go with option 2 myself, but "THE POWER IS YOURS!"
Aaron is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Raistlin

Old March 11th, 2012, 08:52 PM
Thank you so much for your advice!

I used the second option, way easier than making an eval script.
Raistlin is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old March 11th, 2012, 11:46 PM
No problem, always happy to meet another Dragonlance fan.
Aaron is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Raistlin

Old March 13th, 2012, 11:18 AM
Seems to be a nice amount of Dragonlance fan out there. Personally, I just keep hoping to see someday Dragonlance CS supported for Pathfinder.

Well, right now I found another obstacle. It seems that there is a limit to the number of words you can use when you create a prereq. I'm trying to recreate the "Alternate form" feat from Dragons of Krynn, that lets any dragon change shape as gold, silver and bronze dragons do, and I'm having problem with one of the prereq, the one that says that the character needs to be a Dragon with adult age or older. In d20 data Lawful_G used a requirement like this one: hero.childfound[xAgeCat].field[Value].value >= 6

But since PF don't have the "xAgeCat", I'm doing something like this:
#hasrace[rAdulBlack] + #hasrace[rMAduBlack] + #hasrace[rOldBlack] + #hasrace[rVOldBlack] + #hasrace[rAnciBlack] + #hasrace[rWyrmBlack] + #hasrace[rGWyrBlack] + #hasrace[rAdulBlue] + #hasrace[rMAduBlue] + #hasrace[rOldBlue] + #hasrace[rVOldBlue] + #hasrace[rAnciBlue] + #hasrace[rWyrmBlue] + #hasrace[rGWyrBlue] + #hasrace[rAdulBrass] + #hasrace[rMAduBrass] + #hasrace[rOldBrass] + #hasrace[rVOldBrass] + #hasrace[rAnciBrass] + #hasrace[rWyrmBrass] + #hasrace[rGWyrBrass] + #hasrace[rAdulCoppe] + #hasrace[rMAduCoppe] + #hasrace[rOldCoppe] + #hasrace[rVOldCoppe] + #hasrace[rAnciCoppe] + #hasrace[rWyrmCoppe] + #hasrace[rGWyrCoppe] + #hasrace[rAdulGreen] + #hasrace[rMAduGreen] + #hasrace[rOldGreen] + #hasrace[rVOldGreen] + #hasrace[rAnciGreen] + #hasrace[rWyrmGreen] + #hasrace[rGWyrGreen] + #hasrace[rAdulRed] + #hasrace[rMAduRed] + #hasrace[rOldRed] + #hasrace[rVOldRed] + #hasrace[rAnciRed] + #hasrace[rWyrmRed] + #hasrace[rGWyrRed] <> 0

The problem is that when I get to put the White dragon race, it gets interrupted after I close the requirements window and looks like this: "...#hasrace[rGWyrRed] + #hasrace[rAdulWhite] + #hasrace[rMAduWhite] + #hasrace[rOldW"

How can I put that same requisite If I have a limit on the number of words I can use? And that is not even considering that I need to put the gold, silver and bronze dragon, that gets more uses a day for their change shape ability if they take that feat (any idea on the eval script that I need to make that 3 kinds of dragons get a different effect from the same feat?)
Raistlin is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 13th, 2012, 11:29 AM
I'd put this on the back burner. It's not currently worth the effort for a minor restriction.

(Watch for the Ravener template from B2 to be updated - at some point, we'll have the time to fix that template so that it enforces its age category restiction, and then you can borrow that fix).
Mathias is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Raistlin

Old March 13th, 2012, 11:33 AM
Thanks Mathias for your answer, I'll be watching for that update

Now that I read my previous post, I might have sounded a little bit rude on my last sentence, sorry about that, I didn't mean it to came out that way.
Raistlin is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Shalafi2412

Old September 1st, 2012, 12:48 PM
I would love to see what you guys have done for Dragonlance for Pathfinder!
Shalafi2412 is offline   #8 Reply With Quote