Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Lord Magus

Old April 10th, 2011, 07:17 AM
A couple problems as I have been fiddling with the PF conversion of two beasts yesterday:

1) I want to add Artisan's Tools to a monster, and have those set to a particular Craft skill, and equipped as a default. I have bootstrapped the tools to the race, but the tags I use to set them to the skill (Group ID: ToolsAvail, Tag ID ToolsAvail.skCrafScul) and reported as invalid; I devised those by looking at the tags on the Artisan's Tools thing with the debugger. Any other way to do it?

And I can't figure out how to make the tools equipped by default either

2) I did the Deathweb (Rise of the Runelords 4), and tried to alter the Web ability to reflect the fact the web has Resistance to Fire 10; the easiest way to do this has been to use a "livename" of "Web (Resistance vs Fire 10)" to replace the Special ability's name (the special ability linked to this is the "generic" Web ability); however, this does not show anywhere on the monster folio (in-play, special, you name it). Why is "livename" not working in this instance?

Thanks again!
Lord Magus is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 10th, 2011, 10:22 AM
1) That menu can't be set in the editor. The ToolsAvail.skCrafScul tags are something that item gets by looking up the menu selection - the tag isn't what determines the menu selection. I don't know why they're being reported as invalid, though - by adding that skill to the piece of gear, you should be saying that it's a tool for that skill, in addition to whichever skill the user selects through the menu.

To get them equipped by default, press the fields button at the top right and add a new field entry. Use field = grIsEquip, and value = 1.

Just a question - this race always carries these tools - there's no change that they'll lose or break these tools? If the heroes loot the monster, they can't have those tools? Those are the effects you're creating by bootstrapping gear - it becomes permanent.

2) Phase and Priority?
Mathias is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Lord Magus

Old April 10th, 2011, 11:09 AM
1) To have the tools equipped by default, I tried what you suggested, and HL gives me an error message: "field referenced but not defined". I also tried inseritng that in the bootstrapped thing's (the tools) fields, and it tells me "Undefined field "grIsEquip" referenced in bootstrap". There might be something I have forgotten somewhere, which might also explain the other problem? What I initially did is just bootstrap the thing "Artisan's tools" to the race itself.

To answer your other question, I wanted to bootstrap those because the Craft skills require having proper tools to avoid a penalty; I thought this could help avoid the hassle of actually having to buy the tools. As it is a monster race and its great sculpting skills are not liable to come into play anytime, I totally agree this is quite the obsessive thing to do, however! Still, it helps me learn.

2) Never mind, I found out "livename" was set later by Web's eval script. I'll just create a second version of Web to take care of this.
Lord Magus is offline   #3 Reply With Quote