Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

migo

Old March 13th, 2011, 12:50 PM
I've got two systems, one regular laptop and one netbook. The netbook obviously doesn't have an optical drive. There's a local gaming store that sells Hero Lab, and I'd like to support them if I can, but I'd need to make sure that if I install it first on my laptop I also have the option of downloading to my netbook to use it there (I suppose making an ISO and mounting it would also work, but that's pretty tedious).
migo is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Lawful_g
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old March 13th, 2011, 01:50 PM
I believe there should be no problem if it is a windows system that can access the internet. I think macintosh/apple support is in the works.
Lawful_g is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 13th, 2011, 04:38 PM
Definitely buy from your local retailer to support them. The only real difference between the CD version and the online purchase is that your license number is printed on a license card within the CD packaging instead of being issued via email.

In fact, if you want, you can even discard the CD without ever using it and simply download the product from our website. Then use the license information included in the package to activate your license.

Reminder: Be sure NOT to try using the same license number on both computers - some users make that mistake. After you activate your initial issued license number on the first computer, go to the License menu within the product and select the option obtain your free secondary license number. Then use that second license number on the second computer.
rob is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
migo

Old March 13th, 2011, 07:30 PM
Thanks for confirming it'll work, and for the tip on not using the same license number twice.
migo is offline   #4 Reply With Quote