Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Savage Worlds
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Praetor

Old October 9th, 2010, 09:01 AM
I was putting together a Weird Wars II file, WWII does not use guts, so since precluding the regular huts skill creates a lot of errors, I worked around this by created a new guts skill with a unique id for wwii setting, added skGuts to the replaces thing, then made my new guts skill hidden, gave it the source Weird Wars II, and saved.

Trouble is the Guts skill is now hidden all the time even when Weird Wars II is not chosen in the configuration screen. This also happened on edges.

In a related note, in my fantasy companion user file I added in the races from the book whish some are different from the core race of the same name. So I once again used the replaces thing variable so I would only get 1 Elf,Dwarf, etc for race selection. If I make my FC active in configuration I see my new races and not the old ones.

However if I don't activate my FC user file in configuration and activate show races, I only see the races that I didn't replace in my fc User file.

So the replace fields are being read even when the user file is not selected.
Praetor is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Praetor

Old October 9th, 2010, 10:20 AM
Nevermind I figured out that hiden is working correctly as stated but I really don't understand why it isn't just used inside the user file it was created in.
Praetor is offline   #2 Reply With Quote