Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Maidhc O Casain

Old June 3rd, 2010, 07:22 AM
I used the editor to make a new 0 level sorcerer/wizard spell. Copied another spell, got all the stats set correctly, etc.

Made sure the source is allowed by the 'Configure Character' screen.

But the spell doesn't show up in the Wizard's spellbook (as it should, since it's 0 level). And since it's zero level it's also not available as a choice to add to the book.

Am I missing something?
Maidhc O Casain is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Maidhc O Casain

Old June 3rd, 2010, 07:56 AM
Never mind - when I closed out the character and reloaded him the spells were there.
Maidhc O Casain is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
poizen37

Old June 12th, 2011, 06:01 AM
I am having this exact same problem, except that it doesn't go away when I reload.

I took a copied a couple zero level spells, changed nothing major (ID of course, school, description, source, disallowed PFS).

The spell shows up as zero level if it's on a different class tab. I can get it to show up as a spellbook option if I change the level to 1+, and I can get it to pop up on the spellbook if it's school is the opposition school, but otherwise it gets lost between the code.

I've tried reloading characters, I've tried taking the spell level off and re-adding it. I've tried reloading the program, I've run through just about anything I can think of. I need some fresh ideas.
poizen37 is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
poizen37

Old June 13th, 2011, 04:35 PM
Odd... if I uncheck the box that says "not allowed for Pathfinder society", I can get it to show up in my spellbook. The portfolio I'm testing has no such restrictions, and thus the spell will show up elsewhere, but that checkbox is keeping it out of the spellbook.

I guess I'll just have to remember that I can't take that spell when playing PFS...
poizen37 is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
tatteredking

Old June 14th, 2011, 03:31 AM
that's very interesting. I can't get it to work either....
tatteredking is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old June 15th, 2011, 02:29 PM
Just as a heads up, the bug with 0-level wizard spells not disappearing is tied to specific portfolios - if a spell existed as a 0-level wizard/witch/magus spell at some point in its lifetime, and you saved a portfolio during that period, but the spell is no longer set as a spell this character should get, they'll show that spell. This will even happen if the character isn't a Wizard/Witch/Magus.

Unfortunately, we don't currently have a way to have Hero Lab remove things that are no longer auto-added to all characters - the record of that auto-added thing stays in the portfolio.

Thinking about this, the last time we had this bug, it was for a spell that was mistakenly added to the Wizard 0 list - everything else about the spell was correct, but it shouldn't have been available for Wizards. Since the spell you've created is in a user file, there may be a solution available - try moving that .user file out of its normal directory, then close and re-open Hero Lab, and then try opening the affected characters. You'll get errors that it doesn't know what that spell is, but if you click through that warning, then change something about the character (like adding and deleting a space in the name), then save it, hopefully the spell will be gone the next time you open the character.

If this is about the paizo blog's new 0-level spells, I'll get those into the next update, and I'll add a mechanism to keep them from showing up in all spellbooks, so I'm afraid I'd recommend holding off on those until I can get official versions in that will function correctly.
Mathias is offline   #6 Reply With Quote