Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Billy277

Old January 2nd, 2017, 04:10 PM
I haven't seen this question answered, so hopefully I'm not duplicating anything...

Will it be possible to chain together multiple adventures taking place in the same game world? I'm thinking specifically of Pathfinder. So for example, will it be possible to have a full world map of Golarion, with the various modules and paths I use appearing in their respective regions? Or taking it even further, multiple paths/modules that place in the same region? Or will each adventure have to inhabit its own separate section?
Billy277 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
kbs666

Old January 2nd, 2017, 04:44 PM
Yes.

Or at least that is the assumption we've all been operating under. Obviously until we actually get content sharing and see what happens when we import new material into an existing topic, for one example of a potential issue, we won't know for sure.

my Realm Works videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZU...4DwXXkvmBXQ9Yw
kbs666 is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old January 2nd, 2017, 04:46 PM
You will be able to import multiple exports into the same realm.
You will be able to export your realm as a whole or in multiple segments.

How you link them will be up to you i guess. Create a plot hook from one to the other and it should all work seamlessly.

Realm Works - Community Links
Realm Work and Hero Lab Videos
Ream Works Facebook User Group
CC3+ Facebook User Group

D&D 5e Community Pack - Contributor
General Hero Lab Support & Community Resources
D&D 5e Community Pack - Install Instructions / D&D 5e Community Pack - Log Fault / D&D 5e Community Pack - Editor Knowledge Base

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is online now   #3 Reply With Quote
Billy277

Old January 2nd, 2017, 07:18 PM
Right, I would link the actual stories myself. I know RPG worlds like Pathfinder don't really have "canon" but I like to use actual NPCs whenever I can to help tie stories together and better integrate them into the setting.
Billy277 is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old January 2nd, 2017, 07:37 PM
You will be easily able to integrate NPCs between stories. Personally I set up towns and the NPCs within those towns. Then if the same story interacts with a town the player's can interact with that same NPC again.

Realm Works - Community Links
Realm Work and Hero Lab Videos
Ream Works Facebook User Group
CC3+ Facebook User Group

D&D 5e Community Pack - Contributor
General Hero Lab Support & Community Resources
D&D 5e Community Pack - Install Instructions / D&D 5e Community Pack - Log Fault / D&D 5e Community Pack - Editor Knowledge Base

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is online now   #5 Reply With Quote
Silveras

Old January 2nd, 2017, 08:17 PM
The model for use so far as been very modular.

Mechanics references, settings, individual adventures, and "utility" content ( such as the game-neutral "Masks" content from the kickstarter) are purchased as individual pieces (separate Realms).

When it comes time to run your game, you (the GM) create a new empty Realm (with the appropriate game system, if available) and add the pre-purchased content you want to re-use.. so you can mix adventures from various sources, and so on, as you like.

The videos created in early 2016 show this in action. They may not be 100% accurate any more, as the design scheme changed in late 2016 to make delivery easier.

It remains to be seen how the publishers will organize the content that is available, and it will take some time for complete inventories to be made available, I would expect. Paizo, for example, could make adventure paths available as one Realm or as six (one for each part)... and that may affect how easily you can mix-and-match (some people like to do mashups, using parts of 2 Adventure Paths to create a new one).
Silveras is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Strategon

Old January 4th, 2017, 01:55 PM
Has there been any word on a quicker way to import large amounts of data into realmworks? I understand that you can create content within a realm and then export. Will there/is there any way to input large amounts of data without having to type it all in?
Strategon is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old January 4th, 2017, 02:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strategon View Post
Has there been any word on a quicker way to import large amounts of data into realmworks? I understand that you can create content within a realm and then export. Will there/is there any way to input large amounts of data without having to type it all in?
The import and export files are in XML, so it should be possible to convert a source of information that is already in XML into the format expected by RealmWorks.
Farling is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
mazzy

Old January 4th, 2017, 05:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farling View Post
The import and export files are in XML, so it should be possible to convert a source of information that is already in XML into the format expected by RealmWorks.
I'm waiting ever so patiently for this ... once I know what the format is I've got quite a few sources of info that I'll be working on
mazzy is offline   #9 Reply With Quote