Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Nargath

Old August 21st, 2012, 03:52 AM
OK, I think I'm getting somewhere after all.

My problem was that I was trying to get TOO complex I think.

I've gone back to building these as traits, as my group doesn't always use them, so having them as a racial ability would annoy me with it telling me I haven't selected anything.

As it stands:
  1. Select "Occupation: Gladiator 2" as a trait (has script to increase trait allowance by 1) [set up in the Trait tab in Editor]
  2. This opens the Occupation tab. Depending on the Occupation, there's two choice fields. One for feats, one for skills. [Occupation set in the Configurable tab in Editor]
  3. The feat ones are working perfectly. Choose a feat, and it applies. [set up in the scripting of the occupation trait itself]
  4. The skill choices are not though. I have no idea how to code this statement: "If the skill chosen is not a class skill, THEN set as class skill, ELSE grant +1 competence bonus to skill" [Each of these choices is going to be set up in R Cust Special]

Aaron, I still wasn't clear on what you meant by the: script line
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
hero.child[cfgJob].field[cfgAllow1].text = TAG EXPRESSION HERE
What is the tag expression? You said that it sets the number of skills allowed.

So in my example, when I set Occupation: Gladiator 2 as a trait, the Occupation tab appears. I get a feat choice, and, as per the Occupation rules, I can choose 2 skills from a select list, to either have them as class skills, or if they already are, get a +1.
Is that the skill allowance you are talking about?

I've attached another version of my .user file.

I feel like I'm getting closer to this working, and it's mainly due to you guys helping me out, so thank you!
Attached Files
File Type: email Flaws-Traits-Drawbacks-Occupations.user (12.7 KB, 1 views)
Nargath is offline   #21 Reply With Quote
bodrin

Old August 21st, 2012, 08:46 AM
Have a look in the skull and shackles players guide traits for examples on making a skill a class skill!

Dormio Forte Somnio

Community Created Resources :
Data Package Repositories :
d20pfsrd
Custom Character Sheets
Community Server Setup (Packs)

Hero Lab Help- Video Tutorials and Pathfinder FAQ

Created by the community for the community

Last edited by bodrin; August 21st, 2012 at 11:36 AM. Reason: Examples! Examples??? Poor grammar.
bodrin is offline   #22 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old August 21st, 2012, 09:00 AM
A tag expression is the thing you use to limit what is shown in a selector. So for example

component.BaseSkill & Helper.SkCatKnow

will only show the options that have both the component.BaseSkill tag (which is on all skills) and the Helper.SkCatKnow tag (which marks knowledge skills). Thus, the only things that match this and will be shown by the selector are Knowledge skills.

I think what you want is the Specialized Skills mechanic from the factions/vanities system. Assign the Helper.SpecSkill tag to the selected skill.

If a skill is either a Class Skill or a Specialized Skill, a +3 bonus is added to the skill when you have ranks in it. If the skill is both a Class Skill and a Specialized Skill, an additional +1 Competence bonus is also added. A skill can be designated as specialized either by assigning the Helper.SpecSkill tag to that skill, or assigning the SpecSkill.? identity tag for that skill to the hero.
Aaron is offline   #23 Reply With Quote
Dwayne

Old December 14th, 2012, 09:44 PM
Just wondering if you are still working on this or have given up.
Dwayne is offline   #24 Reply With Quote
Nargath

Old December 15th, 2012, 01:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwayne View Post
Just wondering if you are still working on this or have given up.
Sorry, I haven't had much more time to sit down with this, been hectic, and getting my head around "coding" just doesn't seem to work :P

But I've got some free time in the first week of the New Year, I'll try and crack this out again!
Nargath is offline   #25 Reply With Quote