Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

bodrin

Old August 22nd, 2013, 02:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
I think Bodrin means he would like some fixes/updates to d20. Their is a good number of outstanding bugs that are 1+ years old. Of course official 3.5 support for all the extra books would be great but at this point just some fixes would be awesome!
Yep just some bug fixes / updates, maybe some pathfinder datafile style macro implementation for easier coding would be spiffing.

I'm in no way suggesting deviating from the SRD at all although "EPIC" is still part of the SRD.

Dormio Forte Somnio

Community Created Resources :
Data Package Repositories :
d20pfsrd
Custom Character Sheets
Community Server Setup (Packs)

Hero Lab Help- Video Tutorials and Pathfinder FAQ

Created by the community for the community
bodrin is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
chiefweasel

Old August 28th, 2013, 04:46 AM
Something to remember as well, is that the 3.5 files are created by the community for the community. So people are taking their own time to provide, manage, and store these files for folks. For the most part LW is out of the picture when it comes to 3.5 books that are not part of the SRD.

That being said, I think the folks involved in the 3.5 community files have done an excellent job and continue to do an excellent job.

Web site - Cheese Weasel Logistics - www.cheeseweasel.net
Twitter - @CheeseWeaselGMZ
For user created content check out www.d20pfsrd.com and www.cheeseweasel.net
For video demos of Hero Lab go to http://www.youtube.com/user/TheChiefweasel?blend=9&ob=5
chiefweasel is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old August 28th, 2013, 12:15 PM
Aaron made a bunch of fixes to the d20 system a while ago (last year?), but it never got released.
Sendric is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old August 29th, 2013, 12:58 PM
I tried to get a few things, but it hardly qualified as a bunch. I've since had little time to spare for d20. My heart aches everytime someone brings up an outstanding issue with d20 and I have to let it slide. For example, my current project is Bestiary 4, which is a whole lotta work to do over the next months. There you have it, just not enough hours in my day.
Aaron is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
talsharien

Old October 10th, 2014, 12:48 PM
The screenshots look very good.
talsharien is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
MagicSN

Old October 13th, 2014, 06:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by talsharien View Post
The screenshots look very good.
Thanks.
Are of an old version though ^^ (Was I think the first version which supported multiclass)
MagicSN is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
TaylorBland

Old October 14th, 2014, 08:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicSN View Post
Thanks.
Are of an old version though ^^ (Was I think the first version which supported multiclass)
Very cool. i hope that this gets out soon, i really would like to play D& D5 with HL. no rush, keep up the good work. and for the record, if i were better at computer scripts, i would be helping you. but, i am computer illiterate and i have no freaking clue what half the damn script means anyway. once a playable update is ready, do you think you can give us some sort of link so we can use and tinker with it ourselves?
TaylorBland is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
MagicSN

Old October 14th, 2014, 01:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaylorBland View Post
Very cool. i hope that this gets out soon, i really would like to play D& D5 with HL. no rush, keep up the good work. and for the record, if i were better at computer scripts, i would be helping you. but, i am computer illiterate and i have no freaking clue what half the damn script means anyway. once a playable update is ready, do you think you can give us some sort of link so we can use and tinker with it ourselves?
As I was asked by several people, here is the current state of affairs:

That "nothing is released yet" from my implementation of D&D 5e for Herolab is NOT due to technical reasons. It is due to legal reasons. I would not want WotC to sue me over infringement of intellectual property.

I did not give up hope though, and am continueing to work on the scripts (I would say their current state is noticably better than the 4e implementation of Hero Lab and asides from some minor issues and the odd feat missing everything is there) in the hope the situation will change in the future, allowing me to release this project.

If WotC will allow 3rd party character editors or at least agree on "not actively pursueing" authors of such programs it could be released. If an official licence would be given to Lone Wolf it could be given to them (this offer to Lone Wolf stands). If WotC would agree on publishing the data files on their webpage (Hey, no licence issue then, right? ^^), this could be done.

As to the "technical" state of things: All major things implemented, some small things still at work (for example some missing stuff with the Tome-Pact of the Warlock). Encounter Builder works too BTW. Tactical Console too.

My main focus is currently on refactoring and making the code "nicer" (it is not small). As well as changing the code to separate houserule-magic-items/playtest-magic-items from magic items from the release version (basically an option if the non-release-version-items should be displayed or not, but this is not yet implemented, current work still ongoing).

Best regards,
MagicSN
MagicSN is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
talsharien

Old October 14th, 2014, 01:18 PM
Yes, I would be very interested after buying the 5th ed players handbook.
talsharien is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
TaylorBland

Old October 17th, 2014, 05:55 PM
understandable. i just hope that 5th edition stuff comes out soon. i really like the game and HeroLab has already been a big help on my M&M3e games. but, legality is a reasonable issue. again, i wasn't trying to rush things, just a simple inquiry.

Have fun with it and the best wishes to you.
TaylorBland is offline   #10 Reply With Quote