Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

kbs666

Old March 10th, 2017, 03:56 PM
I'm as firm a believer in any that LWD needs to get the CM right.

However there are many elements of the CM. We have import and export working, pretty much.

I'm sure they're still working some kinks out in that, but they'll be doing that for a long time. Waiting till that system is bug free is foolish.

So what else could be holding up the CM? Some issue with the actual marketplace website and underlying software including the integration with Paizo? This would seem the most likely culprit.

It would seem to me that LWD could go a long way towards improving attitudes by making the free content they've already promised available, even if its just here on the forum and by delivering the kickstarter rewards. That would give the entire community something new to mess with for a while and show good faith to the backers.

my Realm Works videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZU...4DwXXkvmBXQ9Yw
kbs666 is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
Jujutsuka

Old March 11th, 2017, 04:55 AM
Well, we are only a few days away from their monthly update, so we may receive additional info with that. In regards to the delays occurring, nobody knows but LWD. It doesn't seem serviceable to speculate from our end. One thing we do know is that they posted a job listing for a developer. So, it appears they are making the right moves to fill in potential gaps. In the meantime, we all have worlds to build, no?
Jujutsuka is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
meek75

Old March 11th, 2017, 04:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acenoid View Post
geez what should they say, anything they are saying is getting ripped to shreds. They stated they are close and I suppose the polish it and are busy fixing showstoppers. In the meantime they rolled out some other nice releases.

Better to wait longer and get a content market you guys can use, than to get it know without contents or bugs or both
So, we keep hearing this kind of thing, and there is much wisdom in it. However, at some point it becomes hollow. LWD is bad at timelines and keeping schedules. We have YEARS of this sort of thing. They don't miss estimates by a few days or a few weeks or even a few months -- they miss them by years sometimes. I like RW, HL, and LWD. I will remain loyal because they have some unique and solid products. That said, I am no longer giving them a pass on this sort of stuff. They should make estimates and then either hit them or get close regularly. Yes, crap happens and there will be times deadlines get blown. When that happens, on occasion, it is understandable. LWD almost never hits an estimate and is usually off by miles.
meek75 is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
AEIOU

Old March 11th, 2017, 07:23 AM
LWD isn't at Comcast levels of stupidity for sure. But if another company offered a product with half the functionality of RW and a reliable timeline, I'd switch in a heartbeat at this point. Feast or famine is what LWD offers....

It would help to rebuild confidence if we knew what was coming, when it was coming, and if not released on time, how big a delay was anticipated.
AEIOU is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
BJ
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 11th, 2017, 02:22 PM
You can all expect an update next week some time. With any luck the update will be accompanied by the free content. It's not going to be years away.
BJ is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old March 11th, 2017, 02:32 PM
Bazinga!

Realm Works - Community Links
Realm Work and Hero Lab Videos
Ream Works Facebook User Group
CC3+ Facebook User Group

D&D 5e Community Pack - Contributor
General Hero Lab Support & Community Resources
D&D 5e Community Pack - Install Instructions / D&D 5e Community Pack - Log Fault / D&D 5e Community Pack - Editor Knowledge Base

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
Maidhc O Casain

Old March 11th, 2017, 04:35 PM
SU-WEET! Hopefully the Kickstarter stuff will start rolling out not too long after. I'm dying to dig into Razor Coast to see how that beast is set up.
Maidhc O Casain is offline   #17 Reply With Quote
Happydevil43

Old March 11th, 2017, 05:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mowgli View Post
SU-WEET! Hopefully the Kickstarter stuff will start rolling out not too long after. I'm dying to dig into Razor Coast to see how that beast is set up.
+1

While I didn't know about the kickstarter, I am holding off starting to input Crimson Throne until this is released so I can see how they have set it up.
Happydevil43 is offline   #18 Reply With Quote
Tharmiones

Old March 11th, 2017, 09:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BJ View Post
You can all expect an update next week some time. With any luck the update will be accompanied by the free content. It's not going to be years away.
I lost count on how many times I heard such things. I don't believe you anything until it is actually there.

You missed the last announced date, which was send out in the February newsletter on Feb, 12th, that at least part of the free content would be available in the week of 13th.

So this was essentially the same announcement as this one, yet we all know that nothing happened up to now.
Sorry based on history I don't think about anything else but June and I'm not going to state a year.
Tharmiones is offline   #19 Reply With Quote
Acenoid

Old March 12th, 2017, 12:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AEIOU View Post
LWD isn't at Comcast levels of stupidity for sure. But if another company offered a product with half the functionality of RW and a reliable timeline, I'd switch in a heartbeat at this point. Feast or famine is what LWD offers....

It would help to rebuild confidence if we knew what was coming, when it was coming, and if not released on time, how big a delay was anticipated.
Half of what RW offers? I think you would be back after a day

PS - it doesn't really help to build confidence. If they post something there will be still tons of posts complaining. There would not be a fruitful discussion. Imho they should say something when they have something to say! If it takes some time in between so be it. I don't need blogs, news or a live feed on the helmet camera from Rob to monitor progress every 1/100th second. You should just assume that there is progress at the moment WITHOUT a release date yet. If news are there they will let us know. If a certain date is passed it would be nice of course to receive a short post saying "sorry missed the deadline, we'll be back when we have something to say.."

Join the (unofficial) Realm-Works IRC Chat: #realm-works on the Rizon Network (https://wiki.rizon.net/index.php?title=Servers)
-> Browser Client: https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net

Last edited by Acenoid; March 12th, 2017 at 01:02 PM.
Acenoid is offline   #20 Reply With Quote