Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

soundwich

Old March 7th, 2012, 08:10 PM
I am wanting to add the single "simple weapon proficiency" to the NPC class of Commoner (DMG pg 108). They get one (1) simple weapon, not the whole group. How would I go about doing this, so that only a single weapon is given the base of +0, and all other weapons (including other "simple weapons") would be at -4 to hit?

I have been looking at the editor, copying the "Simple Weapons Proficiency" feat, and then making my changes in there, but am a bit lost on the naming and such.

Much thanks, in advance.

Soundwich
soundwich is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
bodrin

Old March 8th, 2012, 12:56 AM
Take a look at the Weapon Focus feat which allows you to choose one weapon and adds a +1 bonus on all attack rolls you make using the selected weapon.

See if you can modify the scripts into something workable for your needs.

Dormio Forte Somnio

Community Created Resources :
Data Package Repositories :
d20pfsrd
Custom Character Sheets
Community Server Setup (Packs)

Hero Lab Help- Video Tutorials and Pathfinder FAQ

Created by the community for the community
bodrin is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old March 8th, 2012, 11:48 AM
I think what you'll need to do is copy the Commoner class, change the feat that it gets to your "1 simple weapon" proficiency, then have it replace the old version of Commoner.
Aaron is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
soundwich

Old March 8th, 2012, 12:28 PM
Thanks for the suggestions, guys.

I guess, after looking it over, and such, is the fact, simply, that the NPC class of Commoner is not properly written, period. DMG pg. 108 gives them 1 weapon, not the whole class. So, this technically this affects anyone creating an NPC class of Commoner, as it would give them the whole "simple weapons group," not just one/single simple weapon from said group.

I am certainly not trying to troll a fight, or anything. Just guessing if this is something that can/could be escalated to whomever it would be that makes these changes for the next version? Please point me to that person/page/url.

Again, my thanks, and guess I will keep trying to make the correction/copy of Commoner as suggested, as it is what I have been trying to do, so far. Love the software, just seems I have hit a curb, as it's only an NPC class, and most likely rarely used, but I'm running a campaign where the PCs start off as NPC classes, and grow from there. I need the Commoner class "fixed" for it to run smoothly.

Soundwich
soundwich is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old March 8th, 2012, 01:23 PM
Sounds like a fun idea. In my current game I had the players start off as kids about 11-12 with no class levels at all, and loosened the rules a bit to give them a chance. Then we skipped forward 10 years after the preludes climax, to see the repercussions of that.
Aaron is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
soundwich

Old March 9th, 2012, 01:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
I think what you'll need to do is copy the Commoner class, change the feat that it gets to your "1 simple weapon" proficiency, then have it replace the old version of Commoner.
How do I go about doing this?
soundwich is offline   #6 Reply With Quote