Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

GThiel

Old January 14th, 2017, 04:45 AM
It's good to see that finally we can export/import entered information from one realm to another.

So this morning I jumped in and tried it out. In one realm, I've created a Mechanics Article for Monster information. I've an overhead article named "Monster Encounters." I then created many monster topics under it.

As I was figuring out the export process, I saw that after creating a partial export "Name" I was to exit and add that "name" as a tag. I found the "Name" under the Export Tag and assigned that tag to "Monster Encounters." I then exported the "Name."

After what appeared to be a successful import into a testbed realm, I opened it and was very happy to see "Monster Encounters" in the mechanics section. BUT I was unhappy to see that none of the monsters under it came across the import/export barrier.

Do I have to go into each monster and change it's Tag list to the export tag? If so, export is going to be a major pain in the ass. If one chooses a containing topic, shouldn't there be a way to automatically add any child topics?

If I've missed something, I apologize in advance, if not, how do I do what I want to do.

Jerry
GThiel is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old January 14th, 2017, 04:50 AM
yes tag all. watch my video on how to export as it shows bulk tagging.

Realm Works - Community Links
Realm Work and Hero Lab Videos
Ream Works Facebook User Group
CC3+ Facebook User Group

D&D 5e Community Pack - Contributor
General Hero Lab Support & Community Resources
D&D 5e Community Pack - Install Instructions / D&D 5e Community Pack - Log Fault / D&D 5e Community Pack - Editor Knowledge Base

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 14th, 2017, 05:07 AM
Use a filter to show all the monsters in the navigation pane. Then go to the Options menu at the top of the navigation pane and select the "Bulk Tagging" menu option, followed by the "Assign Tag to All Articles in Navigation Pane" submenu option. You can quickly assign the same tag to all your monsters this way.

The video shows exactly how to do this. I just pointed out the menu options.
rob is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
GThiel

Old January 14th, 2017, 07:49 AM
Thanks to Rob and Daplunk, after viewing parts of the tutorial several times I got my Realm set up for partial export and did the export.

Tried importing to testbed realm, failed at 69%. :-(
Deleted the information from my earliest import when I was only getting Article Parents, synced testbed, and tried import again. Sucessfull and all the monsters are there.

Suspect failure was caused by legacy issues, but sent error file to be reviewed.

Think I am going to wait to do any further importing/exporting for a while until some time has passed and issues have been found and fixed. :-)

As a programmer with 30+ years experience, I appreciate all the hard work that has gone into this wondrous product!!

Jerry
GThiel is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 14th, 2017, 09:06 PM
We fixed the vast majority of issues reported by users today, so hopefully that includes the error you encountered above. You'll find the fixes in a new release we posted a little bit ago. At this point, the only issues that remain are those that have been reported by a single user, so you might just give things another try.
rob is offline   #6 Reply With Quote