Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - D&D 5th Edition SRD
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Vlademeer

Old November 6th, 2016, 09:54 PM
Hello community, I am new to the HL system and purchased the software mainly for the DM side of the features. When I first booted it up to do some work with it, I could not find how to create a new monster. My question is, are the Monster Creator, Encounter Builder, and Combat Console been implemented yet? I noticed AFTER I paid for it that stuff might not be available until next year but that wasn't mentioned when I was reading "why buy Hero Labs" for my 5e campaign. Does anyone have any information on this?
Vlademeer is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old November 6th, 2016, 10:25 PM
Welcome

Ok lets start with setting you up correctly. Do you have the 5e Community Pack installed? If the answer is no then start HERE.

The monsters creator certainly exists. Its implemented as a custom race. So basically you start the tool and when you pick a race you select the 'Custom Monster' option.

The Encounter Library is not working out of the box as there are no encounter files saved. The Encounter Builder however should work fine. You access it from

Gamemaster > Encounter Builder

The Combat Console is called Tactical Console. Works already from the following menu:

Gamemaster > Tactical Console

You need your portfolio to have monsters and heroes for it to work.

You might find it interesting to watch my videos on working with monsters. They focus on the combination of Realm Works and Hero Labs. But the Hero Labs section is the same regardless of whether you use RW or not.

Realm Works - Community Links
Realm Work and Hero Lab Videos
Ream Works Facebook User Group
CC3+ Facebook User Group

D&D 5e Community Pack - Contributor
General Hero Lab Support & Community Resources
D&D 5e Community Pack - Install Instructions / D&D 5e Community Pack - Log Fault / D&D 5e Community Pack - Editor Knowledge Base

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Vlademeer

Old November 7th, 2016, 05:06 PM
Thank you so much Duplunk. Thats very helpful information, I will get to work on trying those out right away.
Vlademeer is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old November 7th, 2016, 05:23 PM
Nps mate, scream out if you need help with anything.

Realm Works - Community Links
Realm Work and Hero Lab Videos
Ream Works Facebook User Group
CC3+ Facebook User Group

D&D 5e Community Pack - Contributor
General Hero Lab Support & Community Resources
D&D 5e Community Pack - Install Instructions / D&D 5e Community Pack - Log Fault / D&D 5e Community Pack - Editor Knowledge Base

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #4 Reply With Quote