Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
meek75

Old July 10th, 2017, 06:19 AM
So, I was attempting to export from two realms and create new realm from the data. The first export and import when well. I was about already planning to come on the forums and give some praise to LWD. I have been critical lately and wanted to give praise where it was due too. Alas, it was not to be. The second realm is a bit older and has had a host of issues. After an hour or so of repeated crashes and frustration I have been beaten. I will have to upload my whole realm (it is large and can't be emailed) to google drive. This will take a long time and be an extra hassle. I then will submit the issue to LWD and wait for them to get around to figuring out a fix. I have had two main criticisms of RW for quite a while. The first is the slow pace of the promised features. That has been hashed out elsewhere. The second, and more serious, is stability and usability. I have had a slew of crashes and problems over the years. I have had to submit my realm to LWD multiple times (half dozen maybe?). I know others report no such issues, I'm just lucky I guess. RW has a lot to offer, but I just can't recommend it to people anymore. Now, I tell people that RW is a good tool with some great features, but "buyer beware" because you should expect frustration and realm crashes.

If and when my issues get fixed I will report it back here. In the past LWD customer support has usually been reasonably quick. That is a definite point in their favor. I don't think the problem is bad people at LWD. All the LWD staff seem like great and talented people. It is simply hard to build and fly a plane simultaneously, and it feels like RW has engineers turning bolts with the engines running. I think my issues this time are related to the "source" tag and the fact that it was added more recently, while I had the same tag already in the realm. I attempted to remove the tag, but issues persist.
meek75 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote