Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Shadowrun
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

SAbel

Old February 26th, 2014, 06:26 PM
I was wondering if there is a way to use the spirits to a character portfolio, for D&D 4E HL files so that players could add companions to their PCs?

Thank you,

Sean
SAbel is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 27th, 2014, 07:14 AM
I'm sorry, but I don't understand what question you're asking. Could you please clarify?
Mathias is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
SAbel

Old February 27th, 2014, 02:18 PM
Sure thing

Shadow run HL files allows the player to add a spirit to the character portfolio that the player has with them. 4E has classes that allow companions but there is no way to add them to the character for example the ranger beastmaster class has an animal companion but HL does not allow one to be added to 4EHL files. The Allies tab list some creatures but there is no way to edit them or have them level up with the character. I was hoping that maybe the Shadow run HL file could be used to create a tab in the 4E system to create this missing element. I am not a programer (I have stated this several times but I would love to have the 4E files finished before the system goes offline and if this could be an easy adaptive use of HL scripts from one game system to the other I thought it might be useful. I think that Pathfinder may also have something in its tabs for companions (but I am not sure since I do not play that system).

I may be off base with this question I was just hunting for a way to help and fix.

Thanks

Sean
SAbel is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
cryptoknight
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old February 28th, 2014, 12:06 PM
I think SAbel is asking how to incorporate the same kind of code/logic that Spirits use in Shadowrun for D&D4e's ruleset, because things like Animal Companions need to level with their master, and in addition the powers that the Beastmaster ranger uses that reference Beast's damage don't have anything to reference because the Beast isn't part of the Ranger Character.

Working on Twilight 2000 4e HL System
cryptoknight is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 28th, 2014, 06:00 PM
I think Savage Worlds would be a better place to learn how Hero Lab handles minions than Shadowrun. All of the Savage Worlds code is available for users to see, unlike the Shadowrun code.

Here's a thread from the Savage Worlds forum that may help: http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=42879
Mathias is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
SAbel

Old February 28th, 2014, 09:02 PM
Thank you Mathias
SAbel is offline   #6 Reply With Quote