Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works in Action

Notices

Sp1k3gh0st

Old December 6th, 2021, 03:03 PM
Are there any pre made 3.5 Story anywhere so I could know how to make one completly , because right now I'm totally lost with the program since it's my first time using something like this. Anyone may help me ? Thanks
Sp1k3gh0st is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old December 7th, 2021, 02:23 AM
It's pretty quiet around here these days. You may find more active people here who play 3.5. I'm a 5e guy myself.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/RealmWorksUsers/

Realm Works - Community Links
Realm Work and Hero Lab Videos
Ream Works Facebook User Group
CC3+ Facebook User Group

D&D 5e Community Pack - Contributor
General Hero Lab Support & Community Resources
D&D 5e Community Pack - Install Instructions / D&D 5e Community Pack - Log Fault / D&D 5e Community Pack - Editor Knowledge Base

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
The_Traveller

Old December 7th, 2021, 05:09 AM
I can offer you some suggestions (i'm a 5e person as well but don't hold that against me).

I start with creating my realm for a given season (in 5e Adventurers League (AL)), a season usually/not always coincides with a book release and consists of a series of modules. This allows me to use more of the features of RW to manage the story.

Under the events, i'll start with a storyline. This is to represent the module I'm working in. So in this case I may have multiple (typically around 10-12) stories. Each story can represent a single adventure (typically 2-4 hours). Inside the story i'll keep an overview of what is happening, names of major quests (more on this) Basically notes for me about what that story is going to be about.

Under the story, i'll define quests. This is where i'll have notes on things that i need to say, notes on conversation points for NPCs, etc. Basically this is the exploration and roleplay section of this particular quest.

Inside of a quest i may have a scene. This is where i may have things like maps and encounters (I use Hero Lab Classic (HLC)) as well so I have the encounters setup in there. This allows me to use the HLC tactical console to control things. It also allows me to have the encounter tailored to the strength of the party. I also keep notes on what kind of tactics the monsters use.

As I go along, i add things like people/groups/places so i get the links built, then go back later to fill in details. I would look over the alias option for a name, lets you do things like make the link case sensitive so Goblin gets a link but goblin does not.

Just some ideas to get you going.

Trav
The_Traveller is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
Sp1k3gh0st

Old December 7th, 2021, 01:05 PM
Ive checked models on what about to do , but it's not that detailed on how to put everything in the right order. I mean I have a story I want to make that it's written on paper but wanted to add pictures , dungeons and saw that the program helps you out in the way of now showing all the map without having to cover your drawing with another sheet so players dont see it. That attracted me here but damn putting all the things together takes like more time than just putting it on paper.

That why I was asking if there was any 3.5 mod/story premade , I understand that nowadays people play more on the 5e. But I don't know shit about that version and would screw everything up as a DM. I don't have lots of experiences as it as well, so I try to stay on what I know. But of course if you guys have a 5e story I could relay on , I'd need to only adjust my story to it and the 3.5 rules. Cause really its a multiverse and beside the maps and some rules changing , all the basics of D&D are the same in all versions

Thanks for your helps guys , even tho it's not very active this forum anymore. It's all the help I could find. Also how do I activate the notifications, you both replied and I didnt get a notif about it. Sorry for the delay.
Sp1k3gh0st is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
The_Traveller

Old December 7th, 2021, 01:42 PM
I believe the notification is under the thread tools option (there is a subscribe option but don't quote me).

There aren't many pre-made realms that people share. It can get into some copyright issues as the main reason.

So once you have a map uploaded, you can click to view it, the little tool bar allows you to create the "fog of war" conceal and show. Once you have the map concealed you can set it to appear in the player view (i have 2 monitors so the player view is always up on the second screen). once done I am able to update the reveal on the map and as i save it the player view updates and they see more of the map. Not very hard, took me longer to load my realm than to walk through those steps.
The_Traveller is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old December 7th, 2021, 02:50 PM
Are the free test realms still available? I think if you make anew Realm using the include tutorial content you get an option to include a heap of premade content showing the tool in use.

The community is actually incredibly active. But not in the RW corners lol. Company kinda forced us to move on. You can certainly try asking though. I've seem a PF memechanics Realm many many years ago.

Last link on my sig is very active with lots of historic rw users.

CC3+ Facebook User Group

D&D 5e Community Pack - Install Instructions / D&D 5e Community Pack - Log Fault / D&D 5e Community Pack - Editor Knowledge Base

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
Sp1k3gh0st

Old December 7th, 2021, 05:22 PM
Thanks everyone !!
Sp1k3gh0st is offline   #17 Reply With Quote
Cid

Old March 17th, 2022, 10:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sp1k3gh0st View Post
Are there any pre made 3.5 Story anywhere so I could know how to make one completly , because right now I'm totally lost with the program since it's my first time using something like this. Anyone may help me ? Thanks
I think they are selling Raven's Call in the store. It's Midgard, but easily adaptable. Me, i'll copy a setting if i can i'm not gonna type the whole book out. If i get my hands on a PDF that I legally bought i have the legal right to create one copy.

If it's just my world then it's usually just some notes and reminders for myself. I find the NPC part of RW particularly useful. As are the stuff for various cities and towns. That way you can remind yourself of any rivalries, plots and schemes. But for me it's more like a laundry list.

Crap, Sp1k3gh0st, i told you i'd send you one, didn't I? Looking up it sees i did. But that was probably the last time i posted in here. I have a question and i was gonna ask it and check back in a week or so, you'll see me up on the boards in like a minute. Theres a Realmworks group on facebook I believe If Daplunk still runs it. If your having trouble getting activity here, you might consider going there (But you'd have to ask Daplunk).

Last edited by Cid; March 17th, 2022 at 10:31 AM.
Cid is offline   #18 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old March 20th, 2022, 07:55 PM
The group is still active. Paul and I both keep the lights on. Albeit we have both moved over to Obsidian.md so we are more active over in our new corner.

CC3+ Facebook User Group

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #19 Reply With Quote