Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - D&D 5th Edition SRD
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Arenlor

Old August 2nd, 2017, 06:21 PM
I have installed the community pack, but I cannot see a way to add the Zhentarim as a faction that doesn't cause the validator to get upset. Does anyone know if the AL factions are included somewhere that I didn't find them?
Arenlor is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
dungeonguru

Old August 3rd, 2017, 06:12 AM
I don't think Adventurer League factions have been entered yet. What does the validator error say? If it says too many factions, I believe that AL characters can only have one faction (unless they changed the rules), so if you have anything else besides one custom faction the validator throws that message.
dungeonguru is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Arenlor

Old August 3rd, 2017, 10:21 AM
It's a Pre-Requisite Error:
Lawful Evil: This alignment is restricted to members of certain factions in Adventurers League Organized Play.

Specifically Zhentarim and Lords Alliance. Naming the custom one Zhentarim doesn't help.
Arenlor is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
dungeonguru

Old August 3rd, 2017, 11:47 AM
Hmm, I *think* the adventurer's league coding is all on Lone Wolf's side, not the community.

Anyone else willing to comment on that? I can't find any reference other than if community stuff is AL allowed.

So the issue appears to be that Lawful Evil is a "greyed-out" selection and after you select it for your Zhent character you get the validation message about alignment. And you don't have any options except for trying to add the custom faction.

Hmm....

Since I'm 90% sure it's lone wolf side coding you could try to open a bug with them reporting the issue and see what they say: Click Here

Regardless, Validation error messages don't show up on the printed document, so you could add the custom faction "Zhentarim" and ignore the validation message until the factions and scripting are added.
dungeonguru is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old August 3rd, 2017, 01:29 PM
Yeah we don't control the Al side of things. Just whether the things we create is Al legal or not

Realm Works - Community Links
Realm Work and Hero Lab Videos
Ream Works Facebook User Group
CC3+ Facebook User Group

D&D 5e Community Pack - Contributor
General Hero Lab Support & Community Resources
D&D 5e Community Pack - Install Instructions / D&D 5e Community Pack - Log Fault / D&D 5e Community Pack - Editor Knowledge Base

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #5 Reply With Quote