Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Savage Worlds
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

zarlor

Old July 3rd, 2015, 03:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endtransmission View Post
Tonight feels like a good step forward. Turns out I'd missed a page of edges; these are now all in and working nicely. Careers are all entered, I just need to bootstrap any equipment to them when I get around to retyping all of that back into the files...
I wouldn't do that, I've been bit by it before. Bootstrapped equipment isn't like regularly purchased items, so the character won't be able to sell it or drop it or anything as long as they have the thing that bootstrapped it. Although if they changed "careers" (or whatever boostrapped the gear) they'd also lose or otherwise change all that gear. I don't remember if I found a way to add gear in some way other than using the bootstrap mechanic, though, but I don't think I did. I definitely can't think of a way off the top of my head to just add gear like that.

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Data files authored (please let me know if you see any issues with any of these if you have/use them):
Official (In the downloader)
50 Fathoms, Deadlands: Hell On Earth, Deadlands: Noir, East Texas University, Necessary Evil (requires Super Powers Companion), Pirates of the Spanish Main, Space 1889 (original file by Erich), Tour of Darkness, Weird War II, Weird Wars: Rome
Coming Eventually
Evernight (LWD has completed their review but I have some fixes to make first... although Pinnacle mentioned this might get an overhaul to SWADE so I may just wait for that first. If you just HAVE to have this now, though, just PM me)
zarlor is offline   #71 Reply With Quote
Paragon

Old July 3rd, 2015, 05:28 AM
Hmmm. A couple of the Edges in Broken Earth do that (as they give a weapon free as part of the edge). I'll have to look into that further.

Edit: You're right that there seems no way to delete it, but it seems to be accepting "dropped to ground".

Last edited by Paragon; July 3rd, 2015 at 05:35 AM.
Paragon is offline   #72 Reply With Quote
Paragon

Old July 3rd, 2015, 08:06 AM
I guess you could make a duplicate of the equipment that was no cost and only selectable if you had that Edge or whatever, but there's probably no point since you can select equipment at no cost anyway.
Paragon is offline   #73 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old July 3rd, 2015, 08:17 AM
I would just note it, although if it's a special weapon (as in it would be affected with some bonuses or something, like trademark weapon does) then you may want to look at how Trademark Weapon handles that. Other than that I usually just add a "NOTE:" to the end of the Edge description with text saying the player will need to manually add whatever it is at no cost.

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Data files authored (please let me know if you see any issues with any of these if you have/use them):
Official (In the downloader)
50 Fathoms, Deadlands: Hell On Earth, Deadlands: Noir, East Texas University, Necessary Evil (requires Super Powers Companion), Pirates of the Spanish Main, Space 1889 (original file by Erich), Tour of Darkness, Weird War II, Weird Wars: Rome
Coming Eventually
Evernight (LWD has completed their review but I have some fixes to make first... although Pinnacle mentioned this might get an overhaul to SWADE so I may just wait for that first. If you just HAVE to have this now, though, just PM me)
zarlor is offline   #74 Reply With Quote
SeeleyOne

Old July 3rd, 2015, 09:49 AM
Wait, what? You are bootstrapping items? You can auto-add them. I successfully did it for Deadlands as I show here:

http://forums.wolflair.com/showthrea...uto-add&page=2

Evil wins because good rolls poorly .... or the players are not paying enough attention to the game.
SeeleyOne is offline   #75 Reply With Quote
Endtransmission

Old July 3rd, 2015, 10:28 AM
Adding it to a note is certainly a hell of a lot easier than creating random bits of equipment and gear that have no real benefit to the game. Some of the careers do things like grant you a pair of flying goggles. Woo, how exciting :/

You've just saved me an awful lot of time and effort tonight!

Working on: Official Achtung! Cthulhu datafiles
Endtransmission is offline   #76 Reply With Quote
Endtransmission

Old July 3rd, 2015, 11:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeleyOne View Post
Wait, what? You are bootstrapping items? You can auto-add them. I successfully did it for Deadlands as I show here:

http://forums.wolflair.com/showthrea...uto-add&page=2
I don't think I've seen that one used in a datafile before; interesting to see that the wiki doesn't mention it either... I'll have a look at that, thanks!

Endtransmission is offline   #77 Reply With Quote
Endtransmission

Old July 3rd, 2015, 01:13 PM
Thanks for the Smarts check code SeeleyOne, that worked brilliantly. I ended up with one minor change as it turns out I needed to see how many points had been spent on Smart skills in total, rather than how many Smarts skills had been taken. So the Smarts check changed to

Code:

foreach pick in hero from Skill where "Attribute.attrSma"
	smacount += (eachpick.field[trtFinal].value)
nexteach
~ 5 is the minimum smacount possible when spending 4 points, granting knowledge 1d10. 
~ Any other combination would give a higher total
if (smacount >= 5) then
	total += 1
endif

Endtransmission is offline   #78 Reply With Quote
Paragon

Old July 3rd, 2015, 01:16 PM
I don't think I'd ever even noticed auto-add.
Paragon is offline   #79 Reply With Quote
Endtransmission

Old July 3rd, 2015, 01:22 PM
It is so unobtrusive and doesn't really explain itself

Endtransmission is offline   #80 Reply With Quote