Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - D&D 5th Edition SRD
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

qwksilver

Old February 19th, 2017, 05:31 PM
Lately anywhere there is a proficiency menu, to select for say the options for expertise on a rouge. The options are missing, nothing shows up except theives tools.

This is something that has broken at some point for me, as the character i built on the same machine, but earlier version has some of the proficiencies chosen.

I am also noticing for those chosen proficiencies the bonus is not being applied in the skills column.

I installed a demo version on another machine, this problem doesn't exist there. I've uninstalled, deleted all I could find of Hero Lab in this machine, and reinstalled and run in demo mode, but the problem still exists.

Any help would be appreciated.
qwksilver is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
xador

Old February 26th, 2017, 01:08 PM
I have the same issue.
xador is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old February 26th, 2017, 01:10 PM
Can you confirm you are using the latest version of Hero Lab and the Community Pack?

There were some significant changes to tool proficiency in the 2.0 patch, I certainly may have missed some updates in the Community Pack since the change needed to be replicated in an absolute bucket load of 'things'.

Realm Works - Community Links
Realm Work and Hero Lab Videos
Ream Works Facebook User Group
CC3+ Facebook User Group

D&D 5e Community Pack - Contributor
General Hero Lab Support & Community Resources
D&D 5e Community Pack - Install Instructions / D&D 5e Community Pack - Log Fault / D&D 5e Community Pack - Editor Knowledge Base

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
xador

Old February 26th, 2017, 02:06 PM
Everything said it was current, but I uninstalled and started fresh. Everything is working fine now thank you!
xador is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
bgoldman

Old February 27th, 2017, 03:38 PM
i was having other issues, re-installed, and have the same problem. The proficiency can still be added manually - but the ones tied to background, race, and class are not being set.
bgoldman is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Conandy

Old April 4th, 2017, 11:36 PM
I just installed Hero Lab yesterday as a trial, purchased and activated a key today, and I am having this problem. No skill proficiencies from class or background are being checked in any way on the first character I tried to build. I did figure out how to manually add them with the Adjustments tab.

Last edited by Conandy; April 4th, 2017 at 11:40 PM.
Conandy is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old April 5th, 2017, 01:20 AM
Can you let me know exactly how you are replicating this.

My testing shows skill proficiency is being selected and Weapon, Armor and Tool proficiency all appears to be working too.

The nature of this application though is specific 'things' could be broken so I need to know exactly what you think should be adding a proficiency that's not.

Realm Works - Community Links
Realm Work and Hero Lab Videos
Ream Works Facebook User Group
CC3+ Facebook User Group

D&D 5e Community Pack - Contributor
General Hero Lab Support & Community Resources
D&D 5e Community Pack - Install Instructions / D&D 5e Community Pack - Log Fault / D&D 5e Community Pack - Editor Knowledge Base

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Conandy

Old April 5th, 2017, 08:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daplunk View Post
Can you let me know exactly how you are replicating this.

My testing shows skill proficiency is being selected and Weapon, Armor and Tool proficiency all appears to be working too.

The nature of this application though is specific 'things' could be broken so I need to know exactly what you think should be adding a proficiency that's not.
Hey, Josh and/or anyone at LoneWolf: I made a quick video because I thought that would make it clearer than explaining. Maybe you can point out what I am doing wrong. This is a brand new install of Hero Lab, only 2 days since I installed.

https://youtu.be/6yeti7HU9zc
Conandy is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Conandy

Old April 5th, 2017, 08:33 AM
Well, in my video I had the background "proficiencies" option checked in the Hero settings content checkboxes. I just went back in and un-checked that, and lo and behold, it is working now!!

So, anyone else having this issue, uncheck that box titled "Background Proficiency" underneath "Ability Options" in the loading screen Hero Settings.

Wish I had tried this before making that video....
Conandy is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Dervish

Old April 7th, 2017, 02:37 PM
uncheck the background proficiency
Dervish is offline   #10 Reply With Quote