Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Savage Worlds
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

dartnet
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old December 15th, 2013, 09:15 AM
I am just going to say it the Savage Data File thread needs to get cleaned up. There is allot of old inactive files listed (what I mean by that is files by folks that have been inactive on the boards for more than 6 months), and there are allot of files that are not listed, pulse there is no way to check what is being worked on. It's leading to allot of duplicated work, and frustration so I propose a new formant:

Official Data Files

Released

[Name] [Author]

Coming Soon

[Name]

Unofficial Data Files

Active

[Author]
[Name] (Done/Not Ready Yet)
[Name] (Done/Not Ready Yet)

Inactive (Author not active on boards for more than 6 months)

[Author]
[Name]
[Name]
dartnet is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old December 15th, 2013, 12:40 PM
Sounds good to me. Start it up and I'll be happy to request it get stickied up as a replacement for the original.

I can add to the Coming Soon list: Weird Wars: Rome, Necessary Evil and Evernight

We've also heard that Caped Crusader has an update for Deadlands in the works and they expect to offer the Sci-Fi Companion sometime after its release. And of course I believe you mentioned an update in the works for Rippers, right?

I definitely like the idea of adding the Author in there, even for the official releases, so folks can contact us directly if needed.

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Data files authored (please let me know if you see any issues with any of these if you have/use them):
Official (In the downloader)
50 Fathoms, Deadlands: Hell On Earth, Deadlands: Noir, East Texas University, Necessary Evil (requires Super Powers Companion), Pirates of the Spanish Main, Space 1889 (original file by Erich), Tour of Darkness, Weird War II, Weird Wars: Rome
Coming Eventually
Evernight (LWD has completed their review but I have some fixes to make first... although Pinnacle mentioned this might get an overhaul to SWADE so I may just wait for that first. If you just HAVE to have this now, though, just PM me)
zarlor is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
dartnet

Old December 15th, 2013, 02:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zarlor View Post
And of course I believe you mentioned an update in the works for Rippers, right?
Why yes I am adding the players guide, advanced ripper tech and Lodges!
dartnet is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
CapedCrusader

Old December 15th, 2013, 08:05 PM
I am finishing up Slipstream and reviewing Weird Wars Rome over the holidays.

After that, I plan to work with zarlor and dartnet to do a major overhaul of Deadlands Reloaded. I did a minor overhaul last year to fix the naming issues, but this will go over everything and also add more material.

_
Currently In Development: Savage Pathfinder, SWADE Fantasy Companion
Future Development: SWADE Super Powers Companion, SWADE Sci-Fi Companion
_
Currently Running: Savage Unity Inc. (homebrew multiverse theme)
Setting Files Supported: Deadlands: Reloaded, Flash Gordon, Gaslight, Hellfrost, Interface Zero 2.0, Seven Worlds, Slipstream, Solomon Kane
Future Setting Files: Savage Judge Dredd
CapedCrusader is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
CapedCrusader

Old December 15th, 2013, 08:11 PM
The current official Setting Releases are:
Deadlands: Reloaded
Deadlands: Hell On Earth
Deadlands: Noir
50 Fathoms
Gaslight
High Space
Pirates of the Spanish Main
Rippers
Solomon Kane
Space 1889
Tour of Darkness
Weird War II

_
Currently In Development: Savage Pathfinder, SWADE Fantasy Companion
Future Development: SWADE Super Powers Companion, SWADE Sci-Fi Companion
_
Currently Running: Savage Unity Inc. (homebrew multiverse theme)
Setting Files Supported: Deadlands: Reloaded, Flash Gordon, Gaslight, Hellfrost, Interface Zero 2.0, Seven Worlds, Slipstream, Solomon Kane
Future Setting Files: Savage Judge Dredd
CapedCrusader is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Endtransmission

Old December 15th, 2013, 11:34 PM
I'm working on all the Achtung! Cthulhu books. Currently the three that are in a finished state are the Adventure books. I'm currently working through the Investigator and Keeper guides.

These need to be reviewed by Modiphius (the publisher) before release however

Working on: Official Achtung! Cthulhu datafiles
Endtransmission is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old December 16th, 2013, 03:40 AM
So I think the list would look something like the following (please correct me and/or update with anything I'm missing or have included by mistake):

Official
50 Fathoms - Zarlor
Deadlands: Hell On Earth - Zarlor
Deadlands: Noir - Zarlor
Deadlands: Reloaded - CapedCrusader
Gaslight - Gumbytie?
High Space - JBearWillis
Pirates of the Spanish Main - Zarlor
Rippers - dartnet
Solomon Kane - CapedCrusader
Space 1889 - Erich
Tour of Darkness - Zarlor
Weird War II - Zarlor

Coming Soon (in expected order of release, which is subject to change)
Slipstream - CapedCrusader
Weird Wars: Rome - Zarlor
Deadlands Reloaded (major update including adding The Flood and Lost Sons sources) - CapedCrusader
Rippers (update including adding the Players Guide, advanced ripper tech and lodges) - dartnet
Sci-Fi Companion - CapedCrusader

And possibly the following which I've submitted as well:
Necessary Evil (requires Super Powers Companion) - Zarlor
Evernight - Zarlor

Sci-Fi Companion is, of course, dependent upon when it's released for SWD and I assume the timing for when it would be available would be heavily dependent on what, if any, kinds of core rules changes might exist in it. If it's anything like the stuff that got added for the Fantasy and Super Powers Companions then CapedCrusader may well have his work cut out for him! Then again if they do something like borrow the High Space mechanic for making ships then JBearWillis will have made a massive step in getting something like that done already, not to mention all of the work that CapedCrusader will have already done for SlipStream (like setting up all the mechanics for handling infinite alien races) but I don't think we really know what will be in it yet.

I would add that NE is a really small data file since I basically just relied on the SPC to handle everything. And while there are some pretty minor differences in some powers between the two I went with the idea that the SPC is the more correct version of those things anyway. So it's mostly just adding a few items and such to the mix.

Evernight is also not a particularly big file and it's an SWD updated version of Evernight rather than based on the original SW rules that it's written in.

Unofficial Files - Active
Agents of Obilvion - dartnet
Darwins World - dartnet
Hellfrost – CapedCrusader
Interface Zero 2.0 - dartnet
Kaiser's Gate - dartnet
Kerberos Club - dartnet
Left 4 Dead – TehBagder
Low Life – CliffR
Mars - dartnet
Necropolis - zarlor (Note: this is for Necropolis, not Necropolis 2350. I don't know what changed, if anything, between those two releases, but I'd be happy to update if I had the 2350 book.)
Ravaged Earth: 2nd Edition - dartnet
Realms of Cthulhu – tatteredking
Runepunk – Tatteredking*95% complete (Works with latest patch)
Slipstream – CapedCrusader
Sundered Skies – tatteredking
Thrilling Tales - darnet

Coming Soon (Anything here may or may not end up being official when completed, and if so could be moved to the "Coming Soon" section if submitted to LWD for official review and release)
Achtung! Cthulhu - Endtransmission

Inactive (Presumed if DataFile Author has not logged in for over 2 months)
Day after Ragnarok – Praetor
Gaslight - Gumbytie
Low Life – CliffR
Savage Mass Effect – Praetor

I think that's it if you want to copy and paste some of that out to maintain a new list in a separate thread and maybe link in to the profiles for the various data file authors.

Anyone have anything else to add?

For those of us with unofficial files it seems like the process is not particularly onerous to get them added as official files if we wanted. We'd just need to contact the current copyright holders of those properties and ask them to get with LWD to allow them for official release. I think most of the developers for SW tend to be pretty much like Pinnacle in being pretty happy to have their stuff out there like this. Then again, that would be even more work for CapedCrusader who may end up having me assassinated for making that suggestion.

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Data files authored (please let me know if you see any issues with any of these if you have/use them):
Official (In the downloader)
50 Fathoms, Deadlands: Hell On Earth, Deadlands: Noir, East Texas University, Necessary Evil (requires Super Powers Companion), Pirates of the Spanish Main, Space 1889 (original file by Erich), Tour of Darkness, Weird War II, Weird Wars: Rome
Coming Eventually
Evernight (LWD has completed their review but I have some fixes to make first... although Pinnacle mentioned this might get an overhaul to SWADE so I may just wait for that first. If you just HAVE to have this now, though, just PM me)

Last edited by zarlor; December 16th, 2013 at 05:06 AM.
zarlor is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
dartnet

Old December 16th, 2013, 03:53 AM
You can add Kerberos Club by me to the unofficial list.
dartnet is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
dartnet

Old December 16th, 2013, 05:57 PM
Posted a the new thread.
dartnet is offline   #9 Reply With Quote