Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Savage Worlds
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

SeeleyOne

Old July 5th, 2015, 09:59 AM
I added some weapons and gear and then right-clicked on them. First you have to go to the top of the screen where it says "Develop", then check "Enable Data File Debugging". After this is done you can right-click on the item, and then look at "Show Debug Tags for....". There is a portal in the window that pops up. Another useful option comes right after that, "Show Debug Fields", which helps to figure out what the fields are called for that item.

Evil wins because good rolls poorly .... or the players are not paying enough attention to the game.
SeeleyOne is offline   #91 Reply With Quote
Paragon

Old July 5th, 2015, 10:48 AM
Ah. It's "arMelee". And sure enough, once you do that, it properly adds it as a normal weapon. I'll go back and fix the other one (and the one other place it occurs) now.

That's a little more baroque a process than it needs to be, methinks.
Paragon is offline   #92 Reply With Quote
AndrewD2

Old July 5th, 2015, 10:59 AM
I'm sure there will be an auto-add edit thing soon enough, but it's probably not the easiest to setup.
AndrewD2 is offline   #93 Reply With Quote
Paragon

Old July 5th, 2015, 11:02 AM
It wouldn't be a big deal if the portals were self-evident, or even discussed much--and I looked this morning. If SeelyOne hadn't come along here, I'd been lucky if I ever found it.

There's some difference between what people who are willing to foray into the Authoring Kit and people just using the editor should be expected to know, here. And I'm starting to conclude over time that the latter is kind of woefully under-documented.
Paragon is offline   #94 Reply With Quote
AndrewD2

Old July 5th, 2015, 11:22 AM
I learned about portals long before I started working with the authoring kit. Guess it just depends on how deep you go into a system.
AndrewD2 is offline   #95 Reply With Quote
Paragon

Old July 5th, 2015, 11:47 AM
I could find reference to them, but where you found their ID unless you'd made it? That seemed nowhere to be found. And when you're going to want it to use a feature of the editor that seems somewhat less than idea.
Paragon is offline   #96 Reply With Quote
AndrewD2

Old July 5th, 2015, 11:53 AM
When I started learning Pathfinder I studied the tags and asked a lot of questions.
AndrewD2 is offline   #97 Reply With Quote
Paragon

Old July 5th, 2015, 12:40 PM
That's what I've done with my own work here, but there were at least some things that seem more opaque than is reasonable; this in particular is one of them.
Paragon is offline   #98 Reply With Quote
Endtransmission

Old July 6th, 2015, 09:58 AM
I went poking through the various tab_*.dat files. Each tab in Hero Lab has it's own dedicated dat file, for example I knew I wanted my Injury to appear on the Personal tab, so I had a look in tab_personal.dat until I found the Injury section ID.

Working on: Official Achtung! Cthulhu datafiles
Endtransmission is offline   #99 Reply With Quote
Endtransmission

Old July 6th, 2015, 10:00 AM
Are there any plans to officially update the wiki and Savage Worlds dev documentation, or should we be bulking it out with some of this information ourselves so it doesn't get lost?

Working on: Official Achtung! Cthulhu datafiles
Endtransmission is offline   #100 Reply With Quote