Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Techno

Old November 28th, 2013, 01:25 AM
I just tried to import the Hero Lab files that are included with Rite Publishing's Alternate Racial Traits book.

I am now getting the following error when I try to start Herolab:

The data files could not be loaded due to errors. Hero Lab will now attempt to load them in recovery mode. Once loaded, you can access the editor as normal to correct any errors.

The following errors occurred:

Thing 'cHelpSon' - Condition phase/priority (First/5000) for bootstrap thing 'cSonChElAE' occurs after earliest rule/script (First/2500)
Thing 'raRPRFeral' - Bootstrap thing 'abObeOvono' does not exist

Any ideas on what is going on here? Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Last edited by Techno; November 28th, 2013 at 01:47 AM.
Techno is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Techno

Old November 28th, 2013, 01:46 AM
Okay, I tried turning off the Alternate Racial Traits update and it eliminated the second error:

However, I am still getting the first error:

Thing 'cHelpSon' - Condition phase/priority (First/5000) for bootstrap thing 'cSonChElAE' occurs after earliest rule/script (First/2500)
Techno is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
bodrin

Old November 28th, 2013, 01:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Techno View Post
I just tried to import the Hero Lab files that are included with Rite Publishing's Alternate Racial Traits book.

I am now getting the following error when I try to start Herolab:

The data files could not be loaded due to errors. Hero Lab will now attempt to load them in recovery mode. Once loaded, you can access the editor as normal to correct any errors.

The following errors occurred:

Any ideas on what is going on here? I can no longer compile my user-added files in the editor without getting the same error message. At the same time, I can't find the objects in the editor that seem to be causing the problems. Is there a way to roll things back since this file import apparently did something strange? Thanks in advance for any assistance.
I'd suggest removing the rite publishing product and try reloading the main program. It sounds like a bug in the ART files that rite needs to fix.

Not near HL at the moment but The Thing cHelpSon is a class helper, I'd presume it's needed for a class referenced by the cSonChElAE class. Unless these are from another 3rd party publisher and not from Lone Wolf themselves then you'll have to submit a bug report using the forums bug tracker for pathfinder so they can have a look at the data files.

The raRPRFeral should be a racial ability from Rite Publishing designated by the RP identifier. I presume it's an alternate trait ability with the name Feral?

Dormio Forte Somnio

Community Created Resources :
Data Package Repositories :
d20pfsrd
Custom Character Sheets
Community Server Setup (Packs)

Hero Lab Help- Video Tutorials and Pathfinder FAQ

Created by the community for the community
bodrin is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Techno

Old November 28th, 2013, 02:02 AM
I was able to eliminate the second error by turning off my Frog God Games update, which had been working fine until the Hero Lab update today. Looks like both the existing Frog God Games update and the new Rite Publishing update were both causing their own issues/problems.

Update: Re-installing the FFG files (after deleting the Rite files) seems to have resolved the issue.

Last edited by Techno; November 28th, 2013 at 07:37 AM.
Techno is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
AndrewD2

Old November 28th, 2013, 09:02 PM
I'll take a look at Rite file. As far as I know the person that made them is not supporting them and I don't work on them. They will likely eventually get removed from the PDF if it ends up on my list of stuff to make (which is probably still a year off from current plans).

In the future it's best to post bugs to the Rite Publishing bug reporting software at Rite Publishing Hero Lab Support as is posted in one of the stickied threads. I don't always see posts just on the boards.
AndrewD2 is offline   #5 Reply With Quote