Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

trechriron

Send a message via Yahoo to trechriron

Old October 13th, 2015, 02:11 PM
My App crashes with "no role found". I downloaded the most recent version and installed from scratch (my realms are on the cloud, but not on my laptop.) I then rebooted. No dice. Then I reinstalled. No dice. :-(
trechriron is offline   #31 Reply With Quote
Nikmal

Old October 13th, 2015, 09:17 PM
Ok I have rolled it back. I used a back-up database I am using version 202 right now and I am STILL encountering the same problem

I have lost every single one of my Statblocks in the topics (more than a thousand ) for one of my Realms (5E rule system)

I even try and re-add them and I save it and then go back to the statblock and I have a bunch of what looks like Chinese Characters.

Here is what is happening exactly. I have created a topic with a bunch of text for an encounter. Inside that encounter is a Statblock snippet. I open it up and the statblocks I had saved in it are gone and the snippet it goes to is blank.

So ok.. I would have to re-enter all the statblock information now. So I do. I save it and go back to the encounter topic. I go to open the stat block again and the Chinese characters appear.

Below is the statblock I used and below that is the page after it has been saved and I go to view it again.

Redbrand Ruffian
Medium humanoid (human), neutral evil
__________________________________________________ _________
Armor Class 14 (studded leather armor)
Hit Points 16 (3d8 + 3)
Speed 30 ft.
STR DEX CON INT WIS CHA
11 (+0) 14 (+2) 12 (+1) 9 (-1) 9 (-1) 11 (+0)
Skills Intimidation +2
Senses passive Perception 9
Languages Common
Challenge 1/2 (100 XP)
__________________________________________________ __________
ACTIONS
Multiattack. The ruffian makes two melee attacks.
Shortsword. Melee Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, reach 5 ft., one
target. Hit: 5 (1d6 + 2) piercing damage.

Redbrand ruffians are petty thugs and ruthless enforcers
skilled at intimidation and violence. They work for money
and have no scruples.

turns in to this.

屻瑲ㅦ摜晥て屻潦瑮扴筬晜‰慔潨慭紻屻ㅦ吠浩獥丠睥删浯湡紻筽捜汯牯扴尻敲つ杜敲湥尰汢敵㔲‵尻敲つ杜敲 湥尰汢敵‰尻敲㥤尹牧敥㍮尶汢敵㔳㬠筽⩜摜晥档⁰晜紱屻尪楬瑳癯牥楲敤慴汢絥屻瑳汹獥敨瑥笠煜屬ㅦ丠牯慭㭬 筽⩜捜ㅳ晜‱敄慦汵⁴慐慲牧灡⁨潆瑮紻屻尪獣尲扳獡摥湯就ㅦ䰠湩⁥畎扭牥紻屻尪獣尳汵晜就晣‱祈数汲湩㭫筽 ⩜瑜㑳瑜牳睯層ㅦ煜屬牴畡潴楦ㅴ瑜捳汥灬摡晤㍬瑜捳汥灬摡汤〱尸獴散汬慰摤牦尳獴散汬慰摤ㅲ㠰瑜癳牥慴瑬捜 瑬汸瑲⁢潎浲污吠扡敬紻屻尪獴尵獴潲摷獜慢敳潤㑮晜就汱瑜扲摲瑲扜摲獲扜摲睲〱瑜扲摲汲扜摲獲扜摲睲〱瑜扲 摲扲扜摲獲扜摲睲〱瑜扲摲牲扜摲獲扜摲睲〱瑜扲摲桲扜摲獲扜摲睲〱瑜扲摲癲扜摲獲扜摲睲〱瑜慲瑵景瑩就獴散 汬慰摤汦尳獴散汬慰摤ㅬ㠰瑜捳汥灬摡晤㍲瑜捳汥灬摡牤〱尸獴敶瑲污屴汣硴牬扴吠扡敬匠浩汰⁥㬱絽湜畯捩浯慰 屴灳祬睴楮敮桜浴畡獴屰敳瑣層慰摲灜慬湩煜屬潮楷捤汴慰筲晜ㅳ尸晣′繜筽晜就獦㐳捜㍦删摥牢湡⁤畒晦慩絮晜 就獦㐳捜㍦灜牡灜牡層汰楡屮汱湜睯摩瑣灬牡屻屩ㅦ晜㉳尲晣′敍楤浵栠浵湡楯⁤栨浵湡Ⱙ渠略牴污攠楶絬楜晜就 獦㈲捜㉦灜牡灜牡層汰楡屮汱湜睯摩瑣灬牡屻屩ㅦ晜㉳尲晣′彟彟彟彟彟彟彟彟彟彟彟彟彟彟彟彟彟彟彟彟彟彟彟 彟彟彟彟彟彟絟楜晜就獦㈲捜㉦灜牡灜牡層汰楡屮汱湜睯摩瑣灬牡屻屢ㅦ晜㉳尲晣″牁潭⁲汃獡絳屻ㅦ晜㉳尲晣″ ㄠ‴猨畴摤摥氠慥桴牥愠浲牯紩晜就獦㈲捜㍦灜牡灜牡層汰楡屮汱湜睯摩瑣灬牡屻屢ㅦ晜㉳尲晣″楈⁴潐湩獴筽晜 就獦㈲捜㍦†㘱⠠搳‸‫⤳屽ㅦ晜㉳尲晣尳慰屲慰摲灜慬湩煜屬潮楷捤汴慰筲扜晜就獦㈲捜㍦匠数摥筽晜就獦㈲捜 ㍦†〳映⹴屽ㅦ晜㉳尲晣尳慰屲慰摲灜慬湩煜屬潮楷捤汴慰筲晜就獦㈲捜㍦张彟彟彟彟彟彟彟彟彟彟彟彟彟彟彟彟 彟彟彟彟彟彟彟彟彟彟彟彟彟屽ㅦ晜㉳尲晣尳慰屲慰摲灜慬湩煜屬潮楷捤汴慰筲扜晜就獦㈲捜㍦匠剔††††䕄⁘ ††††佃⁎†††䤠呎†††䥗⁓†††䡃絁扜晜就獦㈲捜㍦灜牡灜牡層汰楡屮汱湜睯摩瑣灬牡屻ㅦ晜㉳尲晣″ ㄱ⠠〫
ㄠ‴⬨⤲†ㄠ′⬨⤱†‹⴨⤱†㤠⠠ㄭ
††ㄱ⠠〫紩晜就獦㈲捜㍦灜牡灜牡層汰楡屮汱湜睯摩瑣灬牡屻 ㅦ晜㉳尲晣″彟彟彟彟彟彟彟彟彟彟彟彟彟彟彟彟彟彟彟彟彟彟彟彟彟彟彟彟彟絟晜就獦㈲捜㍦灜牡灜牡層汰楡屮 汱湜睯摩瑣灬牡屻屢ㅦ晜㉳尲晣″歓汩獬筽晜就獦㈲捜㍦†湉楴業慤楴湯⬠紲晜就獦㈲捜㍦灜牡灜牡層汰楡屮汱湜 睯摩瑣灬牡屻屢ㅦ晜㉳尲晣″敓獮獥素屻ㅦ晜㉳尲晣″慰獳癩⁥敐捲灥楴湯㤠屽ㅦ晜㉳尲晣尳慰屲慰摲灜慬湩煜屬 潮楷捤汴慰筲扜晜就獦㈲捜㍦䰠湡畧条獥筽晜就獦㈲捜㍦†潃浭湯屽ㅦ晜㉳尲晣尳慰屲慰摲灜慬湩煜屬潮楷捤汴慰 筲扜晜就獦㈲捜㍦䌠慨汬湥敧筽晜就獦㈲捜㍦†⼱′ㄨ〰堠⥐屽ㅦ晜㉳尲晣尳慰屲慰摲灜慬湩煜屬潮楷捤汴慰筲晜 就獦㈲捜㉦张彟彟彟彟彟彟彟彟彟彟彟彟彟彟彟彟彟彟彟彟彟彟彟彟彟彟彟彟彟絟晜就獦㈲捜㉦灜牡灜牡層汰楡屮 汱湜睯摩瑣灬牡屻ㅦ晜㉳尲晣′䍁䥔乏絓晜就獦㈲捜㉦灜牡灜牡層汰楡屮汱湜睯摩瑣灬牡屻屩ㅦ晜㉳尲晣′畍瑬慩 瑴捡⹫素屻ㅦ晜㉳尲晣′桔⁥畲晦慩慭敫⁳睴敭敬⁥瑡慴正⹳屽ㅦ晜㉳尲晣尲慰屲慰摲灜慬湩煜屬潮楷捤汴慰 筲楜晜就獦㈲捜㉦匠潨瑲睳牯⹤䴠汥敥圠慥潰瑁慴正›筽晜就獦㈲捜㉦⬠‴潴栠瑩‬敲捡⁨‵瑦Ⱞ漠敮屽ㅦ晜㉳ 尲晣尲慰屲慰摲灜慬湩煜屬潮楷捤汴慰筲晜就獦㈲捜㉦琠牡敧⹴素屻屩ㅦ晜㉳尲晣′楈㩴素屻ㅦ晜㉳尲晣′‵ㄨ㙤 ⬠㈠
楰牥楣杮搠浡条⹥屽ㅦ晜㉳尲晣尲慰屲慰摲灜慬湩煜屬潮楷捤汴慰屲ㅦ晜㉳尲晣尲慰屲慰摲灜慬湩煜屬潮楷 捤汴慰筲晜就獦㈲捜㉦删摥牢湡⁤畲晦慩獮愠敲瀠瑥祴琠畨獧愠摮爠瑵汨獥⁳湥潦捲牥絳晜就獦㈲捜㉦灜牡灜牡層 汰楡屮汱湜睯摩瑣灬牡屻ㅦ晜㉳尲晣′歳汩敬⁤瑡椠瑮浩摩瑡潩湡⁤楶汯湥散*桔祥眠牯潦⁲潭敮絹晜就獦㈲ 捜㉦灜牡灜牡層汰楡屮汱湜睯摩瑣灬牡屻ㅦ晜㉳尲晣′湡⁤慨敶渠捳畲汰獥紮晜就獦㈲捜㉦灜牡灜牡層汰楡屮汱 獜㉢〴獜㉡〴晜就慰絲
Nikmal is offline   #32 Reply With Quote
Parody

Old October 13th, 2015, 09:51 PM
Funny. It looks like it's getting written as RTF, but when read back it's interpreted as UTF-16 text. For example, you can see a couple long strings of these characters:

彟彟彟彟

That's 5F5F 5F5F 5F5F 5F5F in hex. Reinterpret that in ASCII:

________

The start of the provided text converts back to "{\rtf1".

Probably not too hard a fix, at least.

Last edited by Parody; October 13th, 2015 at 11:09 PM.
Parody is offline   #33 Reply With Quote
Athansor

Old October 13th, 2015, 10:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trechriron View Post
My App crashes with "no role found". I downloaded the most recent version and installed from scratch (my realms are on the cloud, but not on my laptop.) I then rebooted. No dice. Then I reinstalled. No dice. :-(
I'm having the same issue. Can't seem to get it working any more.
Athansor is offline   #34 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 14th, 2015, 02:19 AM
It's a bug. I believe we've got a fix in place that needs to be tested and verified still. So look for this to be resolved when we get the next bug fix release out to everyone. We're working hard to make that happen in the next couple days. There are a number of bugs that we're working through, some of them complicated and others less so.
rob is offline   #35 Reply With Quote
Nikmal

Old October 14th, 2015, 10:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parody View Post
Funny. It looks like it's getting written as RTF, but when read back it's interpreted as UTF-16 text. For example, you can see a couple long strings of these characters:

彟彟彟彟

That's 5F5F 5F5F 5F5F 5F5F in hex. Reinterpret that in ASCII:

________

The start of the provided text converts back to "{\rtf1".

Probably not too hard a fix, at least.
The problem is I NEED to be able to use this tonight. Which is rather unfortunate. Now I will not be able to do so.
Nikmal is offline   #36 Reply With Quote
bodrin

Old October 14th, 2015, 10:37 AM
Bug report submitted.

I've updated both my realm works computers.

A Windows Vista Laptop and a Windows XP SP3 box.

The Vista OS loads realmworks and syncs fine with no issues, however the XP box loads the splash screen then crashes back to desktop with an error report!

Anyone else having this issue?

Dormio Forte Somnio

Community Created Resources :
Data Package Repositories :
d20pfsrd
Custom Character Sheets
Community Server Setup (Packs)

Hero Lab Help- Video Tutorials and Pathfinder FAQ

Created by the community for the community
bodrin is offline   #37 Reply With Quote
Saladdin

Old October 14th, 2015, 11:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bodrin View Post
the XP box loads the splash screen then crashes back to desktop with an error report!

Anyone else having this issue?
Everyone with XP, as it seems...
See here
Saladdin is offline   #38 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 14th, 2015, 12:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikmal View Post
The problem is I NEED to be able to use this tonight. Which is rather unfortunate. Now I will not be able to do so.
Depends on your timezone. If we can, we'll get some of this stuff sorted out in a release this evening. But that's not for certain, just our goal. We have to get a list of stuff sorted for the next bug fix release so that there is only one time where users have to revert to their backups (such as with the statblock corruption).
rob is offline   #39 Reply With Quote
Nikmal

Old October 14th, 2015, 12:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob View Post
Depends on your timezone. If we can, we'll get some of this stuff sorted out in a release this evening. But that's not for certain, just our goal. We have to get a list of stuff sorted for the next bug fix release so that there is only one time where users have to revert to their backups (such as with the statblock corruption).
Unfortunately I did revert it back to the back-up and even rolled back the version of the Realmworks too. V202 but for some reason even both the version and the back-up are doing the same thing. I did not revert to the back up and the previous version using the "cloud but the local data which should have been the back up. But yea all of my statblocks are either not there or corrupted if I try and readd them.
Nikmal is offline   #40 Reply With Quote