Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

byzcath

Old September 13th, 2012, 05:00 PM
How do I find the user file that adds a feat?

I am looking for the Pole Fighter feat as it is very much like the Whirling Steel Strike feat from Eberron and I want to see how it was made.

thanks

Or I would like to request that Whirling Steel Strike and Monastic Training feats get added in one of the updates.

Last edited by byzcath; September 13th, 2012 at 05:15 PM.
byzcath is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old September 13th, 2012, 05:09 PM
There are a couple of different ways you can do this. One way that I often use is to open the editor and either open my .user file or make a new one. Then go to the appropriate tab (in this case Feats) and do New (Copy) and select the item I'm looking for. Once open, look at the source. Assuming a source is checked (which for most community stuff there should be), you can usually figure out from there which file its from. In this case, Pole Fighter uses source "Dragon Compendium" and when you go to open a .user file you can see there is a file called "DrComp - Feats" which seems like a likely suspect....and voila!

Another option is to google a program called Windows Grep (assuming you are using Windows), download that and use it to search for text strings within a group of files (such as all the .user files).

Of course, if all you want is to see the code, then all you really need to do is New (Copy) and you'll get all the code that way anyway.
Sendric is offline   #2 Reply With Quote