Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Mutants & Masterminds
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

JDRook
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Send a message via AIM to JDRook Send a message via Yahoo to JDRook Send a message via Skype™ to JDRook

Old March 24th, 2012, 09:02 AM
So I've been entering all of the DCA Heroes & Villians entries into HeroLab (yes, all 600+ of them) and was wondering if there was some relatively simple way to output all of that data into a spreadsheet format or .csv for comparison purposes. It would be great to be able to sort most of the DCU by PL or point cost or Str or Deception rank or whatever.

Is this far more complicated than I imagine?
JDRook is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Duggan

Old March 24th, 2012, 01:16 PM
Hmmm... the custom output would let you export it as XML. Then, all you'd need to do is parse that out into a CSV file. I have .Net code that takes in the XML files and generates classes that can read in the XML. Would that work for you?
Duggan is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
JDRook

Send a message via AIM to JDRook Send a message via Yahoo to JDRook Send a message via Skype™ to JDRook

Old March 24th, 2012, 04:20 PM
To be honest, I haven't really played with any markup languages and haven't done anything approaching scripting since BASIC and a dash of Pascal almost 20 years ago. That said, I tried that custom export to see what happens and I can at least pick out a few things when I squint at it. I'm not sure what your .Net code would do with it, but I could try poking at it for a while to see if I learn anything.
JDRook is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Duggan

Old March 24th, 2012, 06:03 PM
I zipped it up and posted it at http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=16000. Let me know if there's anything I can do to make it better for you.
Duggan is offline   #4 Reply With Quote