Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 7th, 2011, 03:20 PM
Are power points something that can be handled by creating a tracker and then bootstrapping it with a mechanic? That would mean you can keep working without waiting for the next update. If not, I don't own this book, and it's been quite a while since I've studied the 3.5 Psioncs mechanics. How have they changed? What mechanics do you need them to have?
Mathias is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
Frodie

Old January 8th, 2011, 07:52 AM
If yall could turn on the 3.5 Psionic in the next update, that would be very cool.
Frodie is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
thaimletches

Old January 8th, 2011, 07:36 PM
The mechanics haven't changed at all, really. I could fully make the classes in the standard d20 module with only skills being off.

The classes have been updated, but much of the mechanics are kept as they were in 3.5.

If I had access to the psionics portion as they currently exist for the d20 source, I could check to see if there are any glaring differences that might need to be fixed.
thaimletches is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 10th, 2011, 08:52 AM
The Psioncs ruleset is not a simple on/off - all of the mechanisms were commented out, since there's been no time to update them, so each one needs to be checked to make sure it works after the d20/Pathfinder branching.

Can Power Points be created as a tracker using the editor?
Mathias is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
thaimletches

Old January 13th, 2011, 02:25 PM
Possibly. I've been borrowing code from the 3.5 sources and I receive no errors when assigning or tracking power points with the code for Wild Talent/Psionic Talent from 3.5.

I could try adding a method to add to the power point total based on level and then figure out how to expose that total in the tracker. That would work, for now, and assigning Hero.Psionic to the hero takes care of the warning when selecting psionic feats.

That only leaves the check for Manifester level and Psionic powers, themselves. For powers, I could use spells and have each spell remove the proper number of pp from the tracker element, I think, but I would need help with how to properly set the field/tag on each psionic class to set xxx.Manifest their (combined) psionic class level.
thaimletches is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
DJalin1

Old February 26th, 2011, 08:00 PM
What is the status of Psionics Unleathed Data entry by anyone out there? I have seen a few working on getting it funcitonal.
DJalin1 is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
TCArknight

Old February 27th, 2011, 05:18 AM
I'm making some progress on it (I've been building on thaimletches' file, so that's been a huge kickstart (thanks for that thaim!). I've got all the feats done, including checking for Manifester level. I'm trying to get the powers entered (using spells) but because there's so many of them, it's slow going.
TCArknight is offline   #17 Reply With Quote
JMD031

Old April 16th, 2011, 05:07 AM
Hey, I was just curious to know what is going on with this project. I realize that it is a "on your freetime" kind of thing but I noticed you said were done with a good chunk of it already. Also, do you have a website or a link to a site where someone may be able to contribute to this project or help it along in any way?
JMD031 is offline   #18 Reply With Quote
graywulfe

Old April 16th, 2011, 06:19 AM
The following link should take you to the page on Dreamscarred's site where TCArknight posted a link to his work thus far. It should be about the middle of the page if you scroll up.

http://dreamscarredpress.com/dragonf...766.html#19766

TC also comments later on that page that his life has gotten busy, he just got married, so his development of this has slowed down significantly.

Lastly the file is a nested zip file. My unzip program viewed it as empty so I had to use WinAce a unzip program you can download a demo of.

Hope that helps.
graywulfe is offline   #19 Reply With Quote
TCArknight

Old April 16th, 2011, 09:07 AM
Thanks Greywulfe, you beat me to it.

I've been able to do a bit more the last few days, and will be posting an updated file here in the HL forums and on the Dreamscarred Press as well. So far the status is:

Races: Complete
Classes - Base: Complete
Feats: Complete
Skills: Complete
Powers: Partial (Done as Spells)
Items: Deep Crystal, Mundane Crystal materials

I want to get a few more things today and tomorrow to include, so I'll be posting an updated file tomorrow.

I definitely would welcome help with getting the Powers entered as spells, and also the items.

TC
TCArknight is offline   #20 Reply With Quote