Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Duggan
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old January 21st, 2010, 06:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonal View Post
As far as I know it's not possible to change the "Language for non-Unicode programs" setting on an program basis, but a Google search showed that it can be on a user basis.
Have you tried using the AppLocale program? It dates back to Windows 2000, so they may not support it in Windows 7, but I frequently use it on my Windows XP SP3 installation to install games in foreign languages (mainly for my obsession with Japanese RPGs). It supports creating a shortcut to automatically load a program with a given set of locale and language settings.

(And yes, I know the original error was from a long time ago, but on the off chance, and in case someone else runs into this)
Duggan is offline   #21 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 9th, 2010, 01:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcastic View Post
When I "Print Active Hero", I get the following message.

An unrecognized error occurred while outputting your portfolio. Please check to make sure you are using the most up-to-date printer drivers available. If after updating your drivers you still receive this error message, contact Lone Wolf Development technical support at support@wolflair.com for assistance. Be sure to include your saved portfolio as an attachment to your email.

This occurs no matter which data set (M&M, Cortex or Pathfinder) I'm using and regardless of how complex or not the document is. For example, to generate this message right now, I told it to print an un-edited character...the basic Cortex character sheet..no mods, nothing. I have updated everything...printer drivers, HL and all my data sets.

This also seems to freeze the program, although I get no error messages to that effect...until I use the Task Manager to force-quit. Then I get this:

D:\HeroLab\HeroLab.exe
3.5 203
ACCESS VIOLATION
Address: 0x005813ea
Type: bad read
That message is an unrelated crash problem that will be fixed in the next release of Hero Lab, so it shouldn't be affecting this at all.

What kind of printer do you have, and where can I download the printer drivers for it? It's possible that I can reproduce the problem here if I use the same drivers.

Also, when you print, do you have a "Microsoft XPS document writer" option? If you choose that option, does printing succeed, or does it still fail?
Colen is offline   #22 Reply With Quote