Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

frws25

Old March 6th, 2009, 01:52 PM
Is it possible to add custom tabs to the interface?

If it matters, it'll be for the Savage Worlds.

Thanks
frws25 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 7th, 2009, 02:00 AM
The full source for the SW data files is published. As such, you can add whatever you want to those files. This includes custom tabs.

What new tabs did you have in mind? What sort of stuff is missing that you want to see added?
rob is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
frws25

Old March 7th, 2009, 04:57 AM
I'd like to add tabs for Necessary Evil and Dawn of Legends super powers.

I think you've got the core rules covered. Beautiful interface, real simple to use. I have a couple of suggestions in general, but the SW data set is awesome. Keep up the good work
frws25 is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 7th, 2009, 01:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by frws25 View Post
I think you've got the core rules covered. Beautiful interface, real simple to use. I have a couple of suggestions in general, but the SW data set is awesome. Keep up the good work
Thanks! Please post your suggestions within the Savage Worlds forum we've got here. That way, I can track them best and others can be sure to chime in with their opinions on your suggestions. :-)
rob is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 7th, 2009, 01:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by frws25 View Post
I'd like to add tabs for Necessary Evil and Dawn of Legends super powers.
I'm not familiar with Dawn of Legends, but Necessary Evil should be quite doable. Just make sure to keep all your new material separate from the code SW files. That way, you when we release updates to the SW files (like a few fixes that are needed), your new material won't be impacted in any way.

For Necessary Evil, you ought to be able to add a new arcane background, add a new resource that manages the separate power points, and have a separate tab where you manage the super powers. You'll need to a new component and compset for the super powers, but they should be relatively simple and can re-use most of the built-in stuff. I haven't looked at NE indepth, but it all looks pretty easy to integrate. If you run into any hurdles along the way, please post them in the SW forum or the Authoring forum. I'll do my best to offer guidance.
rob is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
frws25

Old March 8th, 2009, 06:41 AM
Dawn of Legends is a SW port of the M&M title by the guys at Daring Entertain.
The powers system is very similar to the M&M system, so I doubt there'll be much difficulty in setting up Hero Lab to use them. I'm having a look at the M&M data sets and read the wiki. I see were I'm at after that.

Thanks for the help. I'm sure I'll have more questions.

Last edited by frws25; March 8th, 2009 at 06:41 AM. Reason: can't spell
frws25 is offline   #6 Reply With Quote