Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

bodrin

Old February 18th, 2009, 11:09 AM
After an Hiatus of nearly 2 years; (I know it's rubbish but it was unavoidable!); I've returned to inputting the Feats from the "Complete" Books however I realise that it's been a while since i started entering any data whatsoever.

Before I continue though I would like to ask if anyone has inputted all the feats from the Complete Warrior and Adventurer books which if possible they could PM me the DAT / User files so I don't duplicate work already done!

So far I am up to "Flying Kick" on page 99 Complete Warrior.

The Editor has changed for the good in the latest updates since I last dabbled with the scripts and I've found it easier to input missing elements.

Good work Wolflair.
bodrin is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
chiefweasel

Old February 19th, 2009, 12:23 PM
I have done a few of them. I also have the prestige class: Order of the Bow Inititate, and Halflinf Outrider complete as .dat files as well, if anyone would like them. i think i will create a page on my company website this weekend and post them up there.

if you get the entire book done, i would love to get a copy of it.
chiefweasel is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Mindcloud

Old February 19th, 2009, 05:30 PM
I would be willing to work on some to help just PM me and let me know what exactly needs to be done.
Mindcloud is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
chiefweasel

Old February 19th, 2009, 06:39 PM
I think prestige classes are the hard part, a few of those would be great. I have done the 2 listed in he post above, so any others would be good.
chiefweasel is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
bodrin

Old February 20th, 2009, 08:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefweasel View Post
I have done a few of them. I also have the prestige class: Order of the Bow Inititate, and Halflinf Outrider complete as .dat files as well, if anyone would like them. i think i will create a page on my company website this weekend and post them up there.

if you get the entire book done, i would love to get a copy of it.
I'm not even thinking about the prestige classes yet, just the feats.

I tried to enter the Swashbuckler class early on when I first installed Hero Lab but All the Complete books have a vast selection of feats that most of the Classes seem to access in their progression at some point.
So I decided to concentrate on one portion at a time in each book starting with the Complete Warrior.

When I get the Complete Warrior feats inputted I will be glad to exchange files and begin entering Prestige Classes.

Once the classes are done onto the Magic items, however I believe that cutting my teeth on the code surrounding the Feat Eval scripts and Pre Requisites is enough to begin with!
bodrin is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
chiefweasel

Old February 21st, 2009, 04:27 PM
Actually the feats that classes get are Special and not feats. Feats are seperate from a specific class. I mad ethis mistake when i started as well and had to go back and recreate most of my work.
chiefweasel is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
bodrin

Old February 22nd, 2009, 08:51 AM
Quote:
Actually the feats that classes get are Special and not feats. Feats are seperate from a specific class. I mad ethis mistake when i started as well and had to go back and recreate most of my work.
Yes i'm aware that the Classes have "Special abilities" that they acquire in their progression but most of them are like the feats presented in the books anway, so as a scripting / coding exercise; for me; it is easier to create the scripts in the feats and then modify the scripts / code to similar abilities that the classes get as specials!
bodrin is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
chiefweasel

Old February 23rd, 2009, 03:35 PM
true, they basically are feats for the specific class. The problem with making them in the feat tab is that they become available for all classes and will show up in the feats list. While you can restrict it a bit with code so that only that class can use it, they still show up and clutter the feats list up. Creating them as specials, lessens the confusion.
chiefweasel is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
bodrin

Old February 24th, 2009, 05:21 PM
Quote:
true, they basically are feats for the specific class. The problem with making them in the feat tab is that they become available for all classes and will show up in the feats list. While you can restrict it a bit with code so that only that class can use it, they still show up and clutter the feats list up. Creating them as specials, lessens the confusion.
I agree, however i think you may have misunderstood
I am learning to code the Scripts whilst inputting the feats so I can move onto the Class Special abilities and enter the scripts a lot more confidently once the feats are complete.
I wasn't going to put the Class Specials in the Feats at all.

For example whilst glancing through Dungeon Magazine, i happened across the "Blackroot Lycanthrope Template" which is the same in every way to the normal lycanthrope template with a few minor ability changes. Easy enough to enter the scripts into Hero Lab by just copying the Lycanthrope template and modifying to suit but I have resisted the temptation, because I want to get the Feats in place first!
bodrin is offline   #9 Reply With Quote