Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Army Builder Forums > Army Builder
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

harkan
Volunteer Data File Author

Old January 10th, 2008, 01:07 PM
Got an interesting one ...

Have an option (orCybork) in a unit (A) that has a live tag linked to a tag (orkGTags.orGrotsnik) in global tag group as it only shows visible when a certain character (C) is present in the roster

Another unit acts as a unit commander (B) and is an option for unit A. When the unit takes the option the commander must also have it so it is set as a mirrored option:

Option ID: orCybork
Nature: auto
Mirror: orCybork
Live: orkGTags.orGrotsnik

For some reason the mirrored option always shows on even when the squad hasnt taken orCybork. Take the live tag out of the mirrored option and it works properly but then you have it on display all the time even when unit C isnt in the roster. Have also tried setting the mirrored option to have cont: orCybork and it still does the same.

It looks like the triggering of the live function over-rides the mirror function.

Have got round it by creating a copy of the option orCybork and giving it a visibility tag of orkGTags.orGrotsnik and that seems to work.

cheers - if you need the file to understand better let me know, ta
harkan is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 15th, 2008, 12:54 AM
At 02:07 PM 1/10/2008, you wrote:
Quote:
Got an interesting one ...

Have an option (orCybork) in a unit (A) that has a live tag linked to a tag (orkGTags.orGrotsnik) in global tag group as it only shows visible when a certain character (C) is present in the roster

Another unit acts as a unit commander (B) and is an option for unit A. When the unit takes the option the commander must also have it so it is set as a mirrored option:

Option ID: orCybork
Nature: auto
Mirror: orCybork
Live: orkGTags.orGrotsnik

For some reason the mirrored option always shows on even when the squad hasnt taken orCybork. Take the live tag out of the mirrored option and it works properly but then you have it on display all the time even when unit C isnt in the roster. Have also tried setting the mirrored option to have cont: orCybork and it still does the same.

It looks like the triggering of the live function over-rides the mirror function.

Have got round it by creating a copy of the option orCybork and giving it a visibility tag of orkGTags.orGrotsnik and that seems to work.

cheers - if you need the file to understand better let me know, ta
Yes, this has been forever, but you got something working, so this was a low priority.

I think AB is actually working correctly on this one. Assuming I'm accurately understanding the problem, of course.

When a live tagexpr is used on an option, that option is treated as *not existing* if the live tagexpr fails. It's as if the option does not exist for the unit.

Since mirroring relies on the presence of the option in the parent, but that option is considered to not exist, the mirrored option behaves as if the parent option doesn't exist. If I understood your explanation of the behaviors correctly, this is the behavior you're seeing. If that's the case, then AB is behaving as it should.
rob is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
harkan
Volunteer Data File Author

Old March 4th, 2008, 11:54 AM
Quote:
Since mirroring relies on the presence of the option in the parent, but that option is considered to not exist, the mirrored option behaves as if the parent option doesn't exist. If I understood your explanation of the behaviors correctly, this is the behavior you're seeing. If that's the case, then AB is behaving as it should.
so if I'm reading this right and this does seem to be the behaviour that occurs, if the parent unit doesn't have the option and the child has the option mirrored then that option will be displayed?

the only reason am asking is sometimes it appears the behaviour is inconsistent in that a unit with a number of mirrored options will behave differently when set to the child of one unit to another unit
harkan is offline   #3 Reply With Quote