Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 17th, 2015, 05:02 PM
If you had/have any issues with data corruption after build 201/202 and you want that data recovered, you'll need to revert to the backup again. So I'm guessing the answer to your question is "yes".
rob is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
ruhar

Old October 17th, 2015, 05:29 PM
From a different thread:

ruhar is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
Galahan

Old October 17th, 2015, 06:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob View Post
Well, we screwed up. I don't know how else to say it, so there it is.

It turns out that the restore process isn't behaving the way we thought it was. And our various pre-release tests inadvertently masked the problem, so it looked like it was all working correctly.

We are working on a fix right now for the restore process. Until we get this fix out, NONE of the fixes are being retained for any realms that were upgraded to build 201/202 and sync to the server. The correct fixes are being applied, but then the old (wrong) data is being pulled down from the server and overwriting those changes for a net no improvement.

Anyone who upgraded to build 203 and restored from a build 201/202 backup will need to repeat the process again with the forthcoming build 204. Sorry for the headaches on all of this. We're working through the weekend to fix this as quickly as possible.
I do not have no problem with my kingdoms so far, except the shading problem in the tables, which is still put white background when you choose no color background. To fix the problem I'll have to restore the database Realm_Works_Upgrade_To_202_Backup again?
Galahan is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
liz
Ex-Staff
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 17th, 2015, 10:03 PM
We have important news about this release. If you restored your backup following this release, please read this thread. If you have any questions about this information, please also ask them in that thread.
liz is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 17th, 2015, 10:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galahan View Post
I do not have no problem with my kingdoms so far, except the shading problem in the tables, which is still put white background when you choose no color background. To fix the problem I'll have to restore the database Realm_Works_Upgrade_To_202_Backup again?
The shading problem was fixed and then sadly overwritten with build 203. So yes, you'll need to restore again once we get build 204 out. We're going to be testing it with clear heads on Sunday before releasing anything.
rob is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 17th, 2015, 10:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruhar View Post
I was opening pages in my realm and checking for new links. After doing this for several pages it crashed when I opened a page and now I can't open that realm. I can open my other realms, but not that one. Every time I try I get a crash report. I don't know if it means something but it said the following:

startIndex cannot be larger than length of string.
Parameter name: startIndex

I did send the crash report as it instructed.
As long as you sent the crash report, we'll see it and investigate. I'm not sure what occurred based on the limited information provided here. The crash report will be very helpful in filling in the missing pieces.
rob is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
Chemlak

Old October 17th, 2015, 11:19 PM
*** Deleted Pointless post ***

Chief Calendar Champion Chemlak

Join the unofficial Realm Works IRC channel! Join #realm-works

Last edited by Chemlak; October 17th, 2015 at 11:22 PM.
Chemlak is offline   #17 Reply With Quote