Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Army Builder Forums > Army Builder
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

InquisitorValdez

Old April 2nd, 2006, 06:21 PM
At the moment, if a unit has two options that reference the same child (eg a squad with two Chimera transports) whenever you try to remove one via the checkbox Army builder forces you to manually delete the option from the list.

I understand why this happens this way (to prevent accidental removal of the option) but it does annoy me! Is there any way to make Army Builder ignore this situation - thereby letting you remove options with similar children easily!

I would find it easier to edit data files this way - perhaps the "safety" feature could be a user selected setting?

Thanks
InquisitorValdez is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
harkan
Volunteer Data File Author

Old April 3rd, 2006, 09:47 AM
agreed - it would be useful to allow users to switch off the 'safety' messages if poss
harkan is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 4th, 2006, 12:35 AM
There is currently no way to turn off this safety feature. We've consider it and always come to the conclusion that the potential risk of losing lots of work outweighs the convenience. If we can add an "undo" capability at some point in the future (which would actually be a LOT of work), then we can definitely make this configurable. But that's something for the future.

If you feel absolutely compelled to write your data files so that users can delete units with a single, wayward click, then there IS a technique you can use. But I don't recommend it. If you want me to outline how to use the technique, let me know. Otherwise, I'm going to keep my fingers crossed everyone is content to recite the mantra "Ignorance is bliss." :-)

-Rob

At 07:21 PM 4/2/2006, you wrote:

Quote:
At the moment, if a unit has two options that reference the same child (eg a squad with two Chimera transports) whenever you try to remove one via the checkbox Army builder forces you to manually delete the option from the list.

I understand why this happens this way (to prevent accidental removal of the option) but it does annoy me! Is there any way to make Army Builder ignore this situation - thereby letting you remove options with similar children easily!

I would find it easier to edit data files this way - perhaps the "safety" feature could be a user selected setting?

Thanks
rob is offline   #3 Reply With Quote