Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - User Projects
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

MagicSN

Old October 7th, 2014, 09:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philderbeast View Post
MagicSN, unfortunately there are no plans for this at this stage as I would need to do a lot of testing to make sure it works.

At the moment the app is reliant on the Google play services for parts of its functionality and I do not believe that this is available on the amazon devices, and rewriting the code to not use this is not something I am going to be doing at the moment as i still have a lot of other things to add to the app.

I will do some research as I get time to check this and if the google play services are available it may get released on that store however no promises.

have you looked at any of the guides on how to side load the play store? this would get around the issue of apps not being on the amazon appstore for you?
Yes, it would. But Sideloading requires me to have the APK File, I cannot access google playstore. Would you be willing to provide a APK File?

If you send me the APK I might test it (and also answer the question regarding Google Playservices this way). My email is tirionareonwe@gmail.com. If it would NOT work, would it be possible to do a version where the google playservices stuff is disabled? Or is this code integral for the app to work?

Thanks!

Best regards,
Steffen
MagicSN is offline   #61 Reply With Quote
Philderbeast

Old October 11th, 2014, 03:30 AM
update: another small update, you can now swipe left/right to show or hide (respectively) the character list pane so make some stat block easier to read, particularly on smaller devices.

@MagicSN: some more digging has cleared the app of the play services issues, however due to the amazon app store approval process its not going to be able to be kept up to date with the Google play version, I will look at submitting major versions to the amazon store, but considering i have been known to release 5 versions in less then 2 days (and that it likely to happen again when I publish the dynamic sheet version) I will probably hold off on publishing it there until the Dynamic sheet has been completed.

While I understand you want to have it available to you ASAP, maintaining another App store for this is just not on my radar at the moment as it would take some of my focus away from developing the app to deal with the amazon app store. There are a number of guides for installing the Google play store on the kindle fire however, so perhaps taking a look at some of them to see if you can move to the play store for this would be a better option then waiting for me to post the app there, as this would also give you access to the paid version to make the app ad free.
Philderbeast is offline   #62 Reply With Quote
MagicSN

Old October 20th, 2014, 01:14 AM
Quote:
@MagicSN: some more digging has cleared the app of the play services issues, however due to the amazon app store approval process its not going to be able to be kept up to date with the Google play version, I will look at submitting major versions to the amazon store, but considering i have been known to release 5 versions in less then 2 days (and that it likely to happen again when I publish the dynamic sheet version) I will probably hold off on publishing it there until the Dynamic sheet has been completed.
Any news yet? Also, does your App support any Gamesystems? I would really like to check if it works with my DnD 5e gamefiles ;-)
MagicSN is offline   #63 Reply With Quote
Philderbeast

Old October 20th, 2014, 05:28 AM
Still working on the dynamic sheet, unfortunately my full time job has been getting in the way of getting it finished.

It should support any game system that has a html stat block output. Give it a shot and let me know how you go, if it doesn't work we might be able to work on getting it up and running
Philderbeast is offline   #64 Reply With Quote
MagicSN

Old October 20th, 2014, 07:15 AM
Quote:
Still working on the dynamic sheet, unfortunately my full time job has been getting in the way of getting it finished.

It should support any game system that has a html stat block output. Give it a shot and let me know how you go, if it doesn't work we might be able to work on getting it up and running
Ok, will do once it is available. Thanks ;-)
MagicSN is offline   #65 Reply With Quote
Dysfunctional_apps

Old November 21st, 2014, 12:40 AM
How are things coming along Phil?
Dysfunctional_apps is offline   #66 Reply With Quote
Philderbeast

Old December 26th, 2014, 12:47 PM
A small Christmas update.

the Application will now be used by your device to open hero lab portfolios if you try to open them from another location.

The dynamic sheet is coming along, all the ground work is in place I just need to get some time to sit down and feed all the values out of the XML and into the application for display, however the new job is limiting my spare time to work on the app.
Philderbeast is offline   #67 Reply With Quote
Philderbeast

Old December 30th, 2014, 12:49 AM
Ok so i have an update on the dynamic sheet.

The following are some screen shots of the current state of the dynamic sheet. and all data is drawn from a herolab portfolio

Tablet:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B21...ew?usp=sharing

Phone:

specificly these where taken on my 2012 nexus 7 and Galaxy s5.

any feedback on the current direction of this view would be appreciated as its easier to make changes to the layout now then later in the development of the sheet.

The current plan is one all the data is displaying to publish this view while i am working on stat linking and other more dynamic features that this view will allow.
Philderbeast is offline   #68 Reply With Quote
LazarX

Old January 4th, 2015, 08:11 AM
Would you consider submitting this to the Amazon App Store as well? I've got a Kindle HDX I'd like to use this on.

On second thought I see the app uses google services rather heavily. I'll see how this operates on my hacked Kindle.

Last edited by LazarX; January 4th, 2015 at 08:39 AM.
LazarX is offline   #69 Reply With Quote
Philderbeast

Old January 30th, 2015, 10:39 PM
Version 1.1.0 has been uploaded to the play store with the dynamic view.

Please note this is still a work in progress with more details to be added as well as adjustments still coming.
Philderbeast is offline   #70 Reply With Quote