Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

AncientOne

Old August 28th, 2014, 04:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by McTaff View Post
Is the 5.0 building already on what you have, or is it a new brand spanking ground-up version?
Well, I'm early in the process, but I'm aiming for a completely new implementation... Gotta keep up with the latest browsers! Plus, some long-term browser bugs have finally been fixed in recent versions, so hopefully I can change some of the implementation to work the way I always wanted it to.

I'll still be supporting all the same features I have today, of course, but hopefully making it easier to add more features, styles, etc. I'll be asking for volunteers to help beta-test before I release it. Stay tuned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by McTaff View Post
(Good grief - How long would that take?!?!?)
LOL! Let's just say that it's a non-trivial exercise.
AncientOne is offline   #241 Reply With Quote
AncientOne

Old September 1st, 2014, 01:43 PM
A question for users of this custom sheet...

Are any of you actually using the "landscape" page orientation that this sheet supports?

(I suspect that it's getting little--or no--use, and I'm considering removing it in version 5.0. In its place, I would spend the development time working on support for other features and sheet styles that users have asked for.)
AncientOne is offline   #242 Reply With Quote
Maidhc O Casain

Old September 2nd, 2014, 05:11 PM
I don't use the landscape version at all - portrait all the way!
Maidhc O Casain is offline   #243 Reply With Quote
Xyzzy

Old September 2nd, 2014, 10:58 PM
I have a couple of characters I used landscape for. I initially found it a better orientation for display on my tablet. Having said that I haven't used it for any of my new characters.
Xyzzy is offline   #244 Reply With Quote
dballing

Old September 3rd, 2014, 11:44 AM
I do not use landscape mode at all.
dballing is offline   #245 Reply With Quote
Lunarius

Old September 3rd, 2014, 04:15 PM
Like Xyzzy, I use landscape for a few of my characters but it's so infrequent that I wouldn't be heartbroken if I no longer had the option.
Lunarius is offline   #246 Reply With Quote
McTaff

Old September 5th, 2014, 12:03 AM
I don't use an electronic device at the table, so I'm still using the portrait orientation all the way.
That said, I could still see the usefulness if I was to be using a tablet. Maybe chalk it up for "future consideration"?

Also, is there a way of printing any situational modifiers to Saves and Attacks, etc? For example
dwarf +2 racial saves,
Scarred Witch Doctor +2 saves vs pain descriptor,
dwarf +1 attack vs goblinoids
dwarf +4 CMD vs Bull Rush, etc...
Printing them out in the associated areas is quite helpful.

Thanks AO.
McTaff is offline   #247 Reply With Quote
Kemma

Old September 19th, 2014, 05:05 PM
I have a suggestion from our daughter, who very much is all about her pet on her druid, she loves when I print her character out with your sheet AncientOne, and requests that her pet print out like her druid does, with the same type sheet and image.
Thanks from Katie.
Kemma is offline   #248 Reply With Quote
AncientOne

Old September 20th, 2014, 04:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kemma View Post
I have a suggestion from our daughter, who very much is all about her pet on her druid, she loves when I print her character out with your sheet AncientOne, and requests that her pet print out like her druid does, with the same type sheet and image.
Thanks from Katie.
Hi Kemma (and Katie!)... you can do this right now. Just make the animal companion the current character in Hero Lab, and then do a Save Custom Output ("Current Hero Only"). It will save as a full character rather than as a minion.

There is one gotcha -- Hero Lab doesn't include the standard pathfinder-provided image for minions. However, you can manually add any image you want to the minion "character" in Hero Lab and that image will show up.

Now the statblock form of the minion will still show up on the main character sheet. You'll probably want to remove that -- you can remove it by going to the "Other Output Options" section of the sheet control panel, and un-selecting the "show minions" option.
AncientOne is offline   #249 Reply With Quote
Dred

Old September 23rd, 2014, 10:32 PM
Downloaded your most recent character sheet (25-Aug-2014) and recently created this character. Cannot find a way to avoid the gray screen of death.

See attached for the portfolio. Tried renaming the character various things but nothing has worked. Sheet is gray in Chrome, IE, and Firefox.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks
Attached Files
File Type: email Hingle McCringleberry.por (118.5 KB, 3 views)
Dred is offline   #250 Reply With Quote