Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

ebpatton

Old July 22nd, 2014, 10:03 AM
Duh. *slaps forehead*

Script seems to work as it's intended. Thank you.
ebpatton is offline   #21 Reply With Quote
ebpatton

Old July 23rd, 2014, 04:41 AM
In your script, how do you know where and what BaseWep is? How do you know there's a Broadcast method? How can I find these things if I don't know they exist?

Thank you.
ebpatton is offline   #22 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old July 23rd, 2014, 07:55 AM
He's re-creating the Weapon Focus feat, so on the feats tab, he used the "New (Copy)" button to make a copy of Weapon Focus, and study its script.
Mathias is offline   #23 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old July 23rd, 2014, 08:26 AM
The other strategy that would work to figure out what's going on, in order to duplicate it, would be to make sure "Enable Data file Debugging" was turned on in the Develop menu, then add a weapon to your test character, and right-click it, choosing Show Debug Tags for XXX, then again, choosing Show Debug Fields for XXX, and then adding a copy of weapon focus to the character, and setting that feat to the weapon type matching the one you're testing. Then, watch the fields and tags on that weapon to see what changes when Weapon Focus is applied to it.
Mathias is offline   #24 Reply With Quote
ebpatton

Old July 23rd, 2014, 08:30 AM
I've actually been doing this. And I added a line to the Eval Script Andrew came up with to try to look at things in the debug window. There's a shortname field, IIRC, in Weapon Focus, but the line kept returning the shortname for heavy armor proficiency instead of WF.

Is there anyway to write debug lines to look at things without going into already-existing Eval Scripts? I suppose I could just write a new Eval Script that was nothing but the debug line(s). Didn't think of that until now.

But yes, I've been going to that over and over again. I wish I could do a control-F Find through the thing, although I guess if I pick the other tag/field options, they let me check boxes and they just display the relevant tags.

I'm kind of doing other things right at this instant. I needed a break.
ebpatton is offline   #25 Reply With Quote