Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Nightwish5121

Old April 24th, 2013, 10:36 AM
I recently made a Bard character for the Council of Thieves adventure path we are currently running. I have the datasets for several adventure paths enabled in HeroLab, including Jade Regent, though we're not running those paths at the moment. However, when I went into my spell selection, HeroLab is showing Eagle's Splendor selectable as a 1st Level Spell, with a note that it appears in Jade Regent.

I don't have the Jade Regent books, so can someone who is familiar with them tell me if the Eagle's Splendor spell is actually reduced to 1st Level for bards in that adventure path, or is this a program error? And if it is correct, are there special circumstances that apply only to that adventure path? In all other sourcebooks, it is a 2nd Level spell.
Nightwish5121 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old April 24th, 2013, 12:22 PM
It's limited to only bards who worship Shelyn, and comes from the Deity entry in Night of Frozen Shadows

pg 75
Clerics and paladins of Shelyn may prepare charm person as a 1st-level spell and good hope as a 4th-level spell; they may prepare sympathy as an 8th-level spell but can only cast it on works of art. All priests treat charm animal as if it were a 2nd-level spell on their class spell list. Bards may learn eagle’s splendor as if it were a 1st-level spell. In addition to unbreakable heart (see Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Gods and Magic), her priests have access to the following spell.

Its not limited to only the AP, as far as I know the deity entries from the APs are canon.
Aaron is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Nightwish5121

Old April 24th, 2013, 02:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
It's limited to only bards who worship Shelyn, and comes from the Deity entry in Night of Frozen Shadows

pg 75
Clerics and paladins of Shelyn may prepare charm person as a 1st-level spell and good hope as a 4th-level spell; they may prepare sympathy as an 8th-level spell but can only cast it on works of art. All priests treat charm animal as if it were a 2nd-level spell on their class spell list. Bards may learn eagle’s splendor as if it were a 1st-level spell. In addition to unbreakable heart (see Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Gods and Magic), her priests have access to the following spell.

Its not limited to only the AP, as far as I know the deity entries from the APs are canon.
Ah, thank you! My bard is a follower of Shelyn, so that's why it was showing up that way!
Nightwish5121 is offline   #3 Reply With Quote