Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Elgon

Old February 10th, 2013, 10:18 AM
Hi all,
I would like to make a monk based on inner strength rather than will, some sort of zen master.
I am new to the editor of the herolab, and I dont have a clue as for how to change such base class option.
I also want to use this kind of monk as part of the gestalt rules, so it became an archtype rather than a simple class.
I'de like your help on how to do it, both in the class option and in the archtype option.
Thanks
Elgon
Elgon is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old February 11th, 2013, 07:55 AM
Could you be a bit more specific in what you're having trouble with?
Aaron is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Elgon

Old February 11th, 2013, 11:15 AM
Hi,
I would like the AC bonus of the monk to be calculated by CHA instead of WIS.
I would like to know how to implement it both as a custom class and as an optional archtype.
In addition, if I make it as a custom class, how can I retain the usual class features, such as the archtypes available to the monk and so.

I also tried to implement a monk with sorcerer spells class, and I wanted to give this monk/sorcerer the bloodline option at first level as sorcerer. can you help me with this too ?
Thanks
Elgon is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old February 11th, 2013, 01:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elgon View Post
Hi,
I would like the AC bonus of the monk to be calculated by CHA instead of WIS.
I would like to know how to implement it both as a custom class and as an optional archtype.
In addition, if I make it as a custom class, how can I retain the usual class features, such as the archtypes available to the monk and so.
I think you should do this as an archetype, with a custom class the only way to make it retain the same archetypes available would be to have it completely replace the old version of monk, such that the old one is no longer available. Otherwise, you'll have no choice but to replicate whatever archetype you want to use with the character, and link it to the new class.

Doing it via an archetype, you can make a copy of the base Monk AC ability, and just change the line referring to Wis to Cha. Bootstrap the new modified version to the archetype, and choose the old version as what is replaced.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elgon View Post
I also tried to implement a monk with sorcerer spells class, and I wanted to give this monk/sorcerer the bloodline option at first level as sorcerer. can you help me with this too ?
Thanks
Again, this would also be best done as an archetype. Assigning spells and spell classes is handled by different buttons in the editor, so that should be pretty self explanatory.

For adding bloodlines, take a look at the Kensai magus archetype, there is an eval script there that makes weapon training (fighter primary abilities) available to the archetyped class. You should be able to adapt it to bloodlines (sorcerer primary abilities) pretty easily. I think the bloodline spells might give you trouble, getting them to add to a new class, but take a crack at it and tell me what you tried.
Aaron is offline   #4 Reply With Quote