Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Zeneshal

Old February 19th, 2013, 11:57 AM
Hi,
I've searched most of the threads, but I might have missed something. When I create a new "Hero" In the "Hero Settings" Options, I have selected all the Monster Manuals. I don't seem to be able to create all the monsters in those manuals though. Is that correct? If so I have to "Custom Create" as I understand it.

Cheers
Zeneshal
Zeneshal is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old February 20th, 2013, 05:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeneshal View Post
Hi,
I've searched most of the threads, but I might have missed something. When I create a new "Hero" In the "Hero Settings" Options, I have selected all the Monster Manuals. I don't seem to be able to create all the monsters in those manuals though. Is that correct? If so I have to "Custom Create" as I understand it.

Cheers
Zeneshal
Unfortunately, that is correct. Not much has been added from 2, 3, and 5 (and nothing from 4). All of those books require the community to add them since they are not part of the open source license. If you feel like tackling any of it that hasn't already been done and getting it added to the community set I would greatly appreciate the help. If not, no worries.
Sendric is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Zeneshal

Old February 20th, 2013, 12:09 PM
Thanks Sendric, sometimes I have the time to tackle that sort of thing. 2 questions;
1) Are there any guides on how to edit and create monsters?
2) Do you send them to anyone for confirmation they are correct, or do you just post them in the forum for others to view and audit?
Regards,
Zeneshal
Zeneshal is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old February 20th, 2013, 12:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeneshal View Post
Thanks Sendric, sometimes I have the time to tackle that sort of thing. 2 questions;
1) Are there any guides on how to edit and create monsters?
I would point you here. This is a post from Shadow on the Pathfinder forums. His signature also includes some useful links, including one that has videos on using the editor and HL in general. The only caution here is that while Pathfinder and d20 are similar, Pathfinder is far more robust in that you can do a lot more (with scripts especially) than you can in d20. In any case, its a good source for understanding how it works.

I would also recommend looking at the files that are already there (such as any of the MM, MM2, MM3, and MM5 files) and looking at the monster races that are already done. You can learn a lot just looking at that.

Quote:
2) Do you send them to anyone for confirmation they are correct, or do you just post them in the forum for others to view and audit?
Regards,
Zeneshal
Send them to me. I am currently in control of releasing user content via the community set. You can email me at my username here at gmail.
Sendric is offline   #4 Reply With Quote